Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
👋 Long time lurker. First post here.

I am attempting to wire a Denali DialDim controller to my 2021 Nightshift.

There are a few trigger wires that add additional controls (to the DialDim controller) such as the high beam trigger wire, that when connected to a 12v (assuming) positive high beam wire allows the Denali visibility lights to run at say ~50% of max brightness during normal conditions, but to automatically jump to 100% when the high beam is turned on.

From reading, it seems the Scrambler headlights may not have a simple 12v supply that is toggled on/off for the high beam as I assumed it would. If one of the four wires to the headlight was a 12 V on off for the highbeam, that would be easy. I have not verified this yet, but from reading, I believe I have learned that it does not operate that way.

Can any of you fine spirits share some insight or point me in the direction of a trigger wire for the high beam? I have not started to dig in yet myself. I hear that the wire to the left-hand controller is also a rats nest.

Is a high beam trigger accessible somewhere else?

Any insight on the wiring for the Ducati Scrambler headlight in general?

Thanks and cheers! I can share pics of this install when I get it done (and I will get it done).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I have seen several threads looking for the same high-beam trigger wire, none of them with a solution. So here it is…

On the right side of the bike, tucked up underneath the front of the fuel tank, is the wiring harness for the headlight. Five wires total. I took the fuel tank loose, without fully removing it. But that may not be necessary.

At the wiring harness for the headlight,
Red to the headlight appears to be a constant (for high beam only) high beam 12v. A perfect trigger wire.

This is the same as yellow w blue stripe (after the harness) returning to the ecu.

I will hook up and test this. But that is what the multimeter said.

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motorcycle

1 - 3 of 3 Posts