Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

Trying to make a yellow Icon look great

10K views 27 replies 9 participants last post by  Japponiglio 
#1 ·
- Wanted a Scrambler since they were released.
- Hated the yellow color since they were released.
- Picked up a Yellow Icon because I couldn’t find any other interesting deal around.
- Been trying a few things in the last couple weeks. Here are pics before/now.
- Still in progress...
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Car
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Car
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Car

See less See more
#2 ·
- Wanted a Scrambler since they were released.
- Hated the yellow color since they were released.
- Picked up a Yellow Icon because I couldn’t find any other interesting deal around.
- Been trying a few things in the last couple weeks. Here are pics before/now.
- Still in progress...
View attachment 29889 View attachment 29897 View attachment 29905 View attachment 29913 View attachment 29921
Love it, I like just the yellow tank and all blacked out, how are your tkc80's on the road a d did you fit them with tubes?

#11 ·
Re “black charcoal paint”: did a few attempts on Photoshop but decided i would not put that kind of money in the project (painting the tank). And no chrome for me, that’s for sure. [emoji6]

Re “front fender”: I’ll put one if i can grab a deal on a used one, but will leave it as is for now.

Re ‘’frame stickers’’: yep, will probably do that too.

Also, i’d like panel decals with white background, but i made a mistake when i ordered those. Doesn’t look too bad in person though.

#15 ·
Yeah that silver lip under the seat is pretty disturbing. I took a look at slim aftermarket seats + custom side panels, but again, I thought that was too much money on a bike that i havent ridden yet. I’ll make sure i like the ride before i put more dollars on it.

But I receive positively all the feedback/advices that i can get. That’s why im on motorcycle forums!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.