Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know if the spoked rims will be tubeless or not? i assume they'll have tubes, which would make the cast rims more interesting (to me).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
replying to myself: just found a thread on ducatiscramblerforum.com which claims the spoked rims are by alpina, and that the pirelli tires are tubeless. so i guess all models may be tubeless.

·
Registered
84 Posts
This was my main concern with the spoke wheels as well. Would really prefer tubeless... glad to hear that's the direction they are headed. Subscribed to hear more opinions and developments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Afraid not. I was hoping they were tubeless too, but my dealer checked with Ducati UK and they confirmed that the spoked wheels are tubed :(

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'll be disappointed if these come with tubes. I ordered my enduro hoping for tubeless.
Yup, I was really hoping for tubeless as well (esp as I've ordered a Classic), but my dealer called Ducati specially to check, and they say they're tubed.....

·
Registered
55 Posts
I would be amazed if Ducati could offer a bike with tubeless spoked rims for under $10k. Tubeless spoked rims cost a fair amount of money. I hear there are kits out there for around $120 that seal the spokes on the rims. Thereby making it possible to go tubeless. But you have to remove the tires and tubes to apply.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just following up on this topic. With some time having passed, no doubt many have now changed their tyres. We know that the same tubeless type tyres are used on all Scrambler variants, but can anyone confirm ABSOLUTELY that Ducati are fitting tubes with the spoked wheels?

Also, has anyone been able to weigh both wheel types to see exactly what is the difference between the 2?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I forgot to also ask:-

Do the spoked rims have the 'safety lip' which tends to hold the bead in place? A good thing to have whether or not tubes are used.

·
Registered
59 Posts
And another thing...

Do we yet know whether the spokes are stainless or not?

First test would be with a magnet. If they are not magnetic, they are definitely stainless, but if they are magnetic, they may still be stainless and will require further research.

Anyone checked this out?

·
Registered
765 Posts
A magnet sticks so could be ferritic stainless or chrome plate. Better than cadmium or zinc plate at any rate.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ok, so we still don't really know. Thanks for checking it out. I was hoping they weren't magnetic so we'd have the definitive answer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts