Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was looking through eBay today and came across a Tune ECU lead for updating the maps on the Ducati’s. I’ve used this on my Tiger with good results reading the the maps and loading new ones and fault codes. In fact I still have the lead and the software on my computer.
Anybody know anything about this and do you think it will be developed for the Scrambler.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm not sure this applies to the 1100 Scrambler, but Tuneboy in Australia offers tuning software for Ducati's with
Siemens Continental ECU (Contitech) hardware and that includes some Monsters, Hypermotards and Scramblers. I was hoping Tuneboy had developed a cruise control for our bikes -- but not so far (if ever).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi guys! I recently installed a full exhaust akrapovic (Slip-On and link pipe) on my 1100 scrambler sport. I am really pleasantly impressed with how it looks. I really like the awesome, deep sound. However, immediately after installation, the check lamp lights up. the manual says nothing about it. Nevertheless, I saw a mention that this is possible on the product description (link pipe) page in the online store. The engine runs smoothly. There are no extraneous sounds. Craving is great. and he stopped warming as much as before. but what to do with the lamp ???

·
Registered
797 Posts
Hi guys! I recently installed a full exhaust akrapovic (Slip-On and link pipe) on my 1100 scrambler sport. I am really pleasantly impressed with how it looks. I really like the awesome, deep sound. However, immediately after installation, the check lamp lights up. the manual says nothing about it. Nevertheless, I saw a mention that this is possible on the product description (link pipe) page in the online store. The engine runs smoothly. There are no extraneous sounds. Craving is great. and he stopped warming as much as before. but what to do with the lamp ???
You probably have the check light because of the elimination of the servo valve in the downpipe. You should get a healtech servo exhaust eliminator to solve this. You might have to go to the dealer to get the light reset because I don't know if it will go out after installing the healtech but when the healtech is installed the light will stay off after that.
After instalation of the healtech eliminator hou can also remove the servo underneath your seat.

https://www.motovationusa.com/healt...d=113114&mmy=Ducati-Scrambler-1100-Sport-2018

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Healtech eliminator plugs into the loom on the LHS of the battery. You need to remove the battery to get to it.
It works cos’ I’ve done it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
that sounds good! I ordered this, I hope everything will be ok) Thanks for the advice guys!!!
I really hope that I do not need to change the map, turn off the sensors, etc.

·
Registered
797 Posts
that sounds good! I ordered this, I hope everything will be ok) Thanks for the advice guys!!!
I really hope that I do not need to change the map, turn off the sensors, etc.
No you won't but if the light stays on it probably needs a reset at the dealer. But with the plugged in Healtech the light will stay away after that.
Keep us posted if you will.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I ordered it. I think tomorrow I will install. I will write about the result!
Cool! I hope it will solve your problem right away. Also I never get tired of pictures of other Scramblers, wonder what you might have changed and wich model/color you've got.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Great! I did it! Thank you very much Skippy’73 and Gasman for the very helpful advices. I installed the kit according to the instructions. After three short trips, the lamp went out! I'm happy. now i fully enjoy my new exhaust

·
Registered
14 Posts
Cool! I hope it will solve your problem right away. Also I never get tired of pictures of other Scramblers, wonder what you might have changed and wich model/color you've got.
So, my Scrambler is almost in stock now. I would like to change the mirrors, plate kit and turn signals
I love this bike

·
Registered
797 Posts
Great! I did it! Thank you very much Skippy’73 and Gasman for the very helpful advices. I installed the kit according to the instructions. After three short trips, the lamp went out! I'm happy. now i fully enjoy my new exhaust
Nice! Good to hear it worked out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Before writing here about my problem, I asked the akrapovic . And here is what they answered me:

“Hello Lulian,

Thank you for your interest in Akrapovic Exhaust Systems. I checked with R&D since our regular standard recommendation is that remapping is not needed. R&D provided the following response:

We have measured lambdas on this bike, they are not critical. Remapping is not needed due to that. Check engine light is probably on as the valve on the stock link pipe was removed. We have only had few cases like this, never during the development, so the solution could already be if they would reset the error at the dealer now when our LP is fitted.

If the issue will continue a new MAP is a solution.”

·
Registered
797 Posts
Before writing here about my problem, I asked the akrapovic . And here is what they answered me:

“Hello Lulian,

Thank you for your interest in Akrapovic Exhaust Systems. I checked with R&D since our regular standard recommendation is that remapping is not needed. R&D provided the following response:

We have measured lambdas on this bike, they are not critical. Remapping is not needed due to that. Check engine light is probably on as the valve on the stock link pipe was removed. We have only had few cases like this, never during the development, so the solution could already be if they would reset the error at the dealer now when our LP is fitted.

If the issue will continue a new MAP is a solution.”
Good looking bike!
What a load of BS by Akrapovic. Just about everyone knows that if you remove the servo valve an error will be thrown. This will return at every start up untill you do something about it.
Some exhaust manufacturers include a mechanical solution that will fool the servo in a way it will still have resistance as if the valve was atached.
The Healtech solution is much nicer and cleaner and also allows you to remove the servo completely from the bike saving a bit of weight and freeing up some space.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yankee if you change the mirrors the throttle side is 10mm left hand thread and clutch side is normal right hand thread. Make sure you buy the correct ones.
Now everyone can jump in and say it’s the other way around, but the principle is correct.:3some:
Skippy just bought a Tudor bronze watch that’s 3 bronze watches in total.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yankee if you change the mirrors the throttle side is 10mm left hand thread and clutch side is normal right hand thread. Make sure you buy the correct ones.
Now everyone can jump in and say it’s the other way around, but the principle is correct.:3some:
Skippy just bought a Tudor bronze watch that’s 3 bronze watches in total.
Oh, thanks !
I will pay attention when I place an order. I think it will be mirrors from rizoma

1 - 18 of 18 Posts