Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I have a 2018 desert Sled with a Leo Vince catless exhaust and high flow air filter installed. I had planned to get it tuned/remapped by my local Ducati shop but they said they couldn’t. So I rode to the next city over, Austin, and was told by the shop here they could do it. They used a TuneBoy from Australia and after 5 hours they friend my ecu and said they couldn’t do it. So what options do I have? The bike is running lean as it is but the dealer here in Austin says it’s fine. They gave me a new ecu with factory map settings.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Rexxer do remaps either by sending your ECU away to get done at one of their authorised garages or you can buy the Rexxer Evo User unit and Rexxer will send you the map to upload to your ECU yourself. You can switch between maps at your leisure and clear service lights etc.

Powercommander works too afaik

Boostplug is another option

They are the only three I know of. I went with Rexxer and the power is definitely more linear through out the rev range with much more mid range

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rexxer do remaps either by sending your ECU away to get done at one of their authorised garages or you can buy the Rexxer Evo User unit and Rexxer will send you the map to upload to your ECU yourself. You can switch between maps at your leisure and clear service lights etc.

Powercommander works too afaik

Boostplug is another option

They are the only three I know of. I went with Rexxer and the power is definitely more linear through out the rev range with much more mid range
Rexxer is what I’ve been leaning to after some googling today. They said the TuneBoy would work with any other model except the Sled and Café Racer.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hello all,
I have a 2018 desert Sled with a Leo Vince catless exhaust and high flow air filter installed. I had planned to get it tuned/remapped by my local Ducati shop but they said they couldn’t. So I rode to the next city over, Austin, and was told by the shop here they could do it. They used a TuneBoy from Australia and after 5 hours they friend my ecu and said they couldn’t do it. So what options do I have? The bike is running lean as it is but the dealer here in Austin says it’s fine. They gave me a new ecu with factory map settings.
Was that at CTX here in San Antonio? Because Joey (lead tech at CTX) told me could.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm now in a similar situation to OP, the 2 solid leads I have are Rexxer and Rapid Bike Evo systems. Neither are a perfect substitute for old school dyno/remapping imo..

·
Registered
802 Posts
I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure the only way to access the ECU currently is via a Rexxer unit. Only company to have ‘cracked’ it.

The other options are bolt on, like Power Commander or RapidBike Evo. Bonus with them is no need to re-flash if you remove the exhaust and have extra options, like quick shifters.

A lot of Dealers have bought in Rexxer units, so call around and see if anyone has one? Then you can just ride in, have a suitable pre-made map loaded and off you go.

Best option is to find somewhere that also has a rolling road and a Rexxer unit, then they can use the Rexxer to create a custom map for your bike. Harder to find though...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm now in a similar situation to OP, the 2 solid leads I have are Rexxer and Rapid Bike Evo systems. Neither are a perfect substitute for old school dyno/remapping imo..
I’ve since had my ecu sent to rexxer. With the rexxer remap, exhaust and high flow air filter I can say the bike rides ten times better. Dave at rexxer is great to talk to and I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I’ve since had my ecu sent to rexxer. With the rexxer remap, exhaust and high flow air filter I can say the bike rides ten times better. Dave at rexxer is great to talk to and I highly recommend them.
Cool, spoke to someone about this earlier - £400 for a tune using dyno and custom edit, £250 for the 'off the shelf' Rexxer map.

Out of interest did you decat your bike? Hows the volume?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cool, spoke to someone about this earlier - £400 for a tune using dyno and custom edit, £250 for the 'off the shelf' Rexxer map.

Out of interest did you decat your bike? Hows the volume?
Yeah, I have a Leo Vince midpipe and muffler with a k&n high flow air filter. It’s pretty damn loud, but sounds amazing. With the rexxer remap the bike runs amazingly, highly recommend man!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, I have a Leo Vince midpipe and muffler with a k&n high flow air filter. It’s pretty damn loud, but sounds amazing. With the rexxer remap the bike runs amazingly, highly recommend man!
303C95B7-B23F-4C0A-BCE2-164E5C6E498A.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Love the retro Ducati font, mine is white - might see if theres something similar. Bit concerned about it being too loud.. I will be going on a lot of medium/long distance riding and am concerned about the motorway high volume drone for hours on end.. might keep the cat.
Yeah the exhaust gets loud, when I ride for awhile on highways I use noise cancelling earbuds for music so that works for me lol.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Has anyone tried the T800 UpMap with the UpMap phone app? I just remapped my Monster 821 to the Termi race (catless) slip one. It works great. It’s a Termignoni product the it supports most Ducati’s and various exhaust systems.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Has anyone tried the T800 UpMap with the UpMap phone app? I just remapped my Monster 821 to the Termi race (catless) slip one. It works great. It’s a Termignoni product the it supports most Ducati’s and various exhaust systems.
Never heard of this... will have a look. How does it work?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts