Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Turning off the ABS in off-road mode turns off front and rear. Has anyone looked at how to turn off only turning off the rear ABS? I suppose it would have to be a software update (fix).

Cheers,
Denny

·
Registered
816 Posts
Really annoys me Ducati didn't bother with this setting, for the "Scrambler." at the very least it should be a feature on the Desert Sled.
It's clearly not a regulatory thing, as plenty of bikes have a front-only setting, plenty of Ducati's do too, my 939 Hyper only had ABS on the front in the lowest ABS mode, think it's just them being cheap. Single mode switch version is probably €5 cheaper from Bosch or something...

I doubt there is ever going to be a way to do it via a switch as you could just put a switch in front of the fuse but doing so would disable ABS entirely.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Really annoys me Ducati didn't bother with this setting, for the "Scrambler." at the very least it should be a feature on the Desert Sled.
It's clearly not a regulatory thing, as plenty of bikes have a front-only setting, plenty of Ducati's do too, my 939 Hyper only had ABS on the front in the lowest ABS mode, think it's just them being cheap. Single mode switch version is probably €5 cheaper from Bosch or something...

I doubt there is ever going to be a way to do it via a switch as you could just put a switch in front of the fuse but doing so would disable ABS entirely.
You're probably right - economy of scale I guess, 'entry-level' bike - 5 euro on each sale probably equals a lot for the bean counters.

·
Registered
954 Posts
as plenty of bikes have a front-only setting, plenty of Ducati's do too,
There is as much bitching about that system as there is about the way it is enabled on the Scrambler. Whatever manufacturers do with regards ABS there will be a significant percentage of riders who want something else.

·
Registered
816 Posts
There is as much bitching about that system as there is about the way it is enabled on the Scrambler. Whatever manufacturers do with regards ABS there will be a significant percentage of riders who want something else.
Which I find odd... The setup on the Hyper and most of Ducati's I've tried, you get various levels of ABS intervention down to setting 1, which disables the rear entirely.
Though even that option seems to have gone from the latest Hypers. Perhaps it is a regulatory thing and to have an off switch, you have to go through a bunch of tests with it on and off, adding big costs...

Otherwise it is just a bit miserly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts