Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if there’s a way to make it more reliable? Most of the time it works but sometimes it just doesn’t until I press it a few times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
981 Posts
+2
It is a little flakey. I find it works more reliably when it is flashing right than left. I suspect it is something to do with the way the hazard light is implemented.

·
Registered
73 Posts
A couple years ago my dealer advised me the problem is not that the cancel button is insensitive, but rather that the on switches are over-sensitive, so as you cancel the signal you often turn it back on as the switch slides a bit left or right... The harder you mash the cancel button, then, the more likely it is that the blinkers keep going!

The problem can be mitigated by adjusting your technique: Press the button lightly while taking a bit of care not to jiggle it left or right.

After following this advice I never had this problem again :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Does anyone have pictures of the bottom of the button? can anyone take some measurements of it for me? I've started on making a replacement, but measurements of the bottom of the buttons length and how it attaches would be very helpful.

Still looking for pictures of the bottom if anyone has something or can take some.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts