Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if it's just me, but 8/10 times I need to double check that my turn signal actually turned off after hitting the button to stop it, and hit it a second time before it actually stops blinking. Does anyone else have this problem, or even better -- a fix for it?

Cheers!

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Me 2. Happens at least 1 out of every two times.

Apparently they automatically switch off after 500 meters not going over 50kmh...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Me 2. Happens at least 1 out of every two times.

Apparently they automatically switch off after 500 meters not going over 50kmh...
Oh, interesting. I didn't know that. I'll try that out tomorrow. Not that it solves the problem, but it would be good to know.

·
Registered
764 Posts
A squirt of contact cleaner in the LH handlebar switch might help. Do you have any trouble with menu selection?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ive had this happen as well. Button would not cancel the left signal no matter how many times I pressed it. I activated the right signal and was able to cancel that. Doesn’t happen often, but frustrating as it means I am not sending clear, deliberate communications in traffic.

Haven’t noticed any issues in the menu operations, but I am not in the menu nearly as often as I use directional indicators in traffic.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Hmm, more like a software issue. The same button is used to cancel either side so you would expect both right and left indicators having problems with cancelling.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hmm, more like a software issue. The same button is used to cancel either side so you would expect both right and left indicators having problems with cancelling.
Felt like it was mechanically stuck, not allowing it to push in completely until it is passed over to the other side and then back to cancel. I think its a cheap switch, but haven’t had it apart to see.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I wouldn't recommend trying to take to take it apart. It is put together in such a way that you will more than likely end up breaking it. Better to use a proprietary switch cleaner.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I wouldn't recommend trying to take to take it apart. It is put together in such a way that you will more than likely end up breaking it. Better to use a proprietary switch cleaner.
LOL. Switch cleaner? If so, really??? Showroom new and the switch is somehow contaminated? Sounds like something the dealer would tell me. Maybe its the pressurized vapor knuckle. It's a crappy switch. I think that's the simple answer.

·
Registered
764 Posts
In that case take it back to the dealer and get them to fix it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm at 580 miles, so I'm hoping to get into the shop for my 600 mile service this week. I'll make sure I mention it to them, and report back what they say.

In meantime, go outside and just play with it on battery. I noticed that if I hit even slightly toward the top or slightly toward the bottom, it doesn't cancel correctly. However if I hit it right in the middle with no gloves on, it seems to work every time. It might just be some vertical play in the button with a very small connection point or something.

All the more reason to go Motogadet m-Switch I guess. And here I thought it was just for hipster points ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

·
Registered
764 Posts
I think you will have some difficulty integrating the M-switch with the Scrambler dash. Have a look at the wiring diagram for the LH switch and you'll see what I mean.

Reactions: Max Kool

·
Registered
34 Posts
In that case take it back to the dealer and get them to fix it.
I will, but not going to make a special trip for the dealer to hold my bike hostage for weeks over a signal cancel issue.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think you will have some difficulty integrating the M-switch with the Scrambler dash. Have a look at the wiring diagram for the LH switch and you'll see what I mean.
Ugh. I hope not, but I wouldn't be surprised at all :BangHead:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ive had this happen as well. Button would not cancel the left signal no matter how many times I pressed it. I activated the right signal and was able to cancel that. Doesn’t happen often, but frustrating as it means I am not sending clear, deliberate communications in traffic.

Haven’t noticed any issues in the menu operations, but I am not in the menu nearly as often as I use directional indicators in traffic.
My problem too, left will not cancel so have to flip on the right and then cancel.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just an update as promised: I brought the bike into New Haven Power Sports for my 600mi service. I told them about the switch issue. They couldn't replicated it, so they said to "press harder." :nonchalance:

Allegedly, if it keeps happening they'll try to warranty it. Of course it's happened about a dozen or so times since then. At least. So if you're closer to your local Ducati shop than I am to mine, it might be worth just bringing it in. After they give you some useless feedback like "press harder" they'll probably warranty it for you.

·
Registered
73 Posts
This switch is crap. Pressing harder doesn't really help but I have developed the habit of pressing and holding for a second, which works pretty much every time.

·
Registered
764 Posts
The switch may not be the problem. If you are having to hold it pressed for longer it may be a software issue with the dash.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
I think it’s the switch tbh.

Mine has it too, mostly (solely?) on left turns and in those cases the switch feels like it’s not engaging completety.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts