Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

Turn signal indicator cancelling button malfunctioning

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  simonchan22 
#1 ·
Hi there, first post on the forum.

Riding the 2015 ICON with 8300 miles on it, since last weekend found the cancel button not working. Instead of canceling the turn signal, it switch on the left signal when right signal is on , when left signal is on, it does not do anything but push the down button (for menu and odometer toggle). Also found it would make the oil pressure light blink for half a second. This is real annoying for it distracts me on the road, sending wrong indication of my direction. It also make it not possible to go into the menu since cancel button is also the select button. Wondering has anyone here seen this before, any tip to fix it?

Simon

#4 ·
I had an indicator/cancel issue that ended up being 2 internal cables shorting from the instrument-panel loom being stretched at the steering column.
Check loom for pinching and wear. Hope this helps
Indicator issue: Hazard Indicators + Oil-Light Pulse w/...
Thanks for replying. I noticed the oil pressure warning light also blink when I press the cancel button or initializing hazard warning. I am bringing it to the dealer later this week and I will post the results here. I think it is also some wire getting short inside.

#5 ·
Update:

Brought it to the dealer. They found it is due to the harness of left switch pinched too hard with other cable by the clamp, making the insulation rubbed through a wire, shorting the signaling wire. Resolution is to loosen up the clamp for the harness, adjusting the routing for better clearance and then re-tape the harness for better protection.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.