Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found some old posts, but I figured I'd start a new one in case there's new information. I'm not a fan of the turn signal switch. Judging by some of the posts I found it seems I'm not alone. Has anyone found a decent replacement (or perhaps something as utilitarian as a 3-way toggle)? Max Kool, your thoughts?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
That switch basically sucks. Sometimes it works perfectly, other times it takes three, four tries to to cancel the turn signals. If you decide spray something behind it, don't use WD-40. For sliding switches that may be fine, but this cancel switch is a push-contact, so it may just clog up with grime. Maybe just a little compressed air? (careful though, not on full blast)

I never took the trouble to disassemble it, and simply learned to live with it. One day it's fine, they other day it sucks.

(and yes, it DOES auto cancel, but only after like 500 meters and only as long as you stay below 50kmh or something, odd...)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Does anyone have pictures of the bottom of the button? can anyone take some measurements of it for me? I've started on making a replacement, but measurements of the bottom of the buttons length and how it attaches would be very helpful.

Still looking for pictures of the bottom if anyone has something or can take some.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My turn signal switch fell off on my first ride.. replaced under warranty.. now my clutch is slipping.. 13k miles.. these bikes are not bulletproof :(

·
Registered
24 Posts
I see a lot of conflicting reports of reliability both here and on other forums as well. I wonder if it has to do with where it was assembled? I know they have different factories, one in Thailand, are there any more? Yes I am aware that even the bikes built in Borgo Panigale will have parts made from Thailand and vice versa but maybe it has to do with where it was assembled? I kind of doubt it. To me it seems like poor QC. Letting more lemons slip through than what should be allowed. Reminds me of Gibson guitars. ?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I made a minor adjustment.. seems better now..
I think mine's adjusted fine now. In any case it's at the dealers for the desmo service so I'm having them double-check. Glad yours is improving.

Max pointed out on this forum a while ago that the screw adjuster at the bars can 'creep' due to the shitty metal clip designed to hold it in place. I have done what many probably have and removed that small clip and bent it more so it has firmer contact with the adjuster.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts