Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone swapped out their OEM turn signals?

I’ve done it easily on other bikes, but remember reading somewhere that is was a pain on the 1100 due to the ECU.

In the parts catalog, Ducati sells after market signals for the 1100, so I don’t know why this would be an issue, so I wanted to ask.

Also, for those who swapped out the signals, were the front ones difficult?

·
Registered
232 Posts
I swapped out the signals on my 1100 but I didn't use the OEM Ducati units. I went with the Denali LED signal pods from Analog Motorcycles. I did the swap before they had a dedicated kit for the Scrambler, so I used the universal kit and spliced/soldered in the Ducati connectors. Now Analog has the Ducati kit and its way more plug and play. I like these signals a lot because they're tiny and have built in resistors.

The back was super easy, took probably 15 minutes. The fronts were a little more involved, but not too bad. The headlight has to be unbolted (but not removed) and the connectors under under the tank on the right side. The tank doesn't have to be removed either; just take out the bolts and prop it up slightly with a small piece of wood. Its far easier if the tank is empty or low on fuel.

I'm not aware of any issues with the ECU due to a turn signal swap. What they may be referring to is a signal error or fault code on the dash after a signal swap, and 9 times out of 10 that occurs when you move from an incandescent signal like the Scrambler has from the factory to LEDs without resistors wired in. Since the Denali LEDs already have those built in, I never had any issues nor did I have to wire in a separate bulky resistor for them to work properly.

I like this design so much I also used them in my KTM Superduke.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a bunch, you’ve answered a few of my questions and it’s been super helpful.

I’ve been looking into your suggestion on the turn signals and it looks like they could work very well indeed.

I am also thinking of installing the MotoDynamics Sequential LED Tail Light, which should fit the Scrambler 1100 (per the manufacturer) when I do the signals and tail tidy since it will all be open.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts