Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased one and will be fitting with new chain and sprockets @ 13,000 UK miles.
Obviously will monitor proceedings thereafter.
Just wondered if anyone else has experience with these or other oilers.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I have a Scottoiler E system with a scorpion nozzle to deliver the oil. Very expensive but a quality bit of kit. Keeps the chain like new but don’t know how long it will last.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi philgoodscrambler,

I fitted my Tutoro oiler a couple of thousand miles back and I’m still happy with. Very simple. No fuzz. Used to have all kinds of complicated (and expensive) oilers on other bikes. Not worth it imho.
Fitted nozzle to the front sprocket and use thicker oil (Scottoiler red). Keep the screw almost completely closed in summer and open it only a tiny bit when it’s cold

Greetings from sunny Hamburg

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Hi philgoodscrambler,

I fitted my Tutoro oiler a couple of thousand miles back and I’m still happy with. Very simple. No fuzz. Used to have all kinds of complicated (and expensive) oilers on other bikes. Not worth it imho.
Fitted nozzle to the front sprocket and use thicker oil (Scottoiler red). Keep the screw almost completely closed in summer and open it only a tiny bit when it’s cold

Greetings from sunny Hamburg
Geezo, I almost thought it was me who wrote this lol. Zackily how I do it. Copper brake pipe shaped inside the front sprocket cover to ( squeezed around a needle to leave a wee hole ) dreep onto the inside lower chain run.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Geezo, I almost thought it was me who wrote this lol. Zackily how I do it. Copper brake pipe shaped inside the front sprocket cover to ( squeezed around a needle to leave a wee hole ) dreep onto the inside lower chain run.
[/QUOTE

Just wondering why Hui and SAILORHH run it to the front sprocket.
Also won't dripping it where you do Hui, take the oil away from the sprocket?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Not sure what you mean by take oil away from the sprocket.
If you route the feed to the inside of the chain 'bottom' run right after the front sprocket then the oil drips onto the chain, if you watch the drip as it happens with the wheel spinning then you'll see when it hits the chain and stretches the drip to about a foot long or more. The centrifuge affect means the oil must pass through or around the chain in order to exit onto the wheel.
Another reason I put them to the front sprocket is because it's neat and no unsightly pipes and hoses running along my swingarm.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Not sure what you mean by take oil away from the sprocket.
If you route the feed to the inside of the chain 'bottom' run right after the front sprocket then the oil drips onto the chain, if you watch the drip as it happens with the wheel spinning then you'll see when it hits the chain and stretches the drip to about a foot long or more. The centrifuge affect means the oil must pass through or around the chain in order to exit onto the wheel.
Another reason I put them to the front sprocket is because it's neat and no unsightly pipes and hoses running along my swingarm.
any photos guys??

·
Registered
26 Posts
I only have a pic of the side where the canister is mounted above the rear foot peg. I also run the tube to the front sprocket underneath to the other side.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
thanks for the photo. How do you find the Sc project?? .
SC Project is nice. Looks cool too. Less heat to the legs in summer months. I actually had it cored out to make it as loud as possible. It’s still not as throaty as my Diavel though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts