Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you will know who Keith Code is. For those that don't, he's a former motorcycle racer and founder of California Superbike School, he's been called the best known and most successful on-track motorcycle instructor in the world.

I want to share his instructional books with you guys, I linked the .pdf files to my dropbox. I think its filled with amazing information relating to track and road riding. Give it a read first, then watch the YouTube video. I guarantee, you will learn something.

I know this is not specifically a Scrambler topic, but it relates to two wheels and safe riding techniques, and I am sure we all can benefit from that.

Come back and share your opinions.

TWIST OF THE WRIST I
TWIST OF THE WRIST II

I am new to this forum and I wanted to contribute something cool to this community. Enjoy.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The video is a good companion to TTW II, I usually read a chapter than watch the video. Read the chapter, watch the video… It helped me in my early riding years, so anyone new to motorcycling should definitely read/watch this.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks for sharing! Really good read/watch. This'll definitely help in my transition to more of a sport bike from a vintage motorcycle.

·
Registered
365 Posts
That video is a strange twist of excellent information, bad acting, and an awkward script, and it's all balled up in the worlds corniest package.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have gone to the 2 day superbike school when he visits NJ's thunderbolt track. The amount of information you learn improves every type of riding you do on a day to day basis. And it is a friggin blast to go that fast on a track. He supplies you with S1000RR's. I was dead after 2 days with a big smile on my face

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have gone to the 2 day superbike school when he visits NJ's thunderbolt track. The amount of information you learn improves every type of riding you do on a day to day basis. And it is a friggin blast to go that fast on a track. He supplies you with S1000RR's. I was dead after 2 days with a big smile on my face
That would be fun !! I am eyeing his tour dates here in the PNW @ the ridge.

·
Registered
149 Posts
It is priceless. You will look at turns differently. They will teach you how to touch your knee(if desired) on turns and what it is useful for. It is just an awesome experience and I would love to do it again. And every now and then I remember things I learned and had forgotten and put them to use on my street riding.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If I took anything away from these books and the video, is undersating THROTTLE CONTROL! and how important it is when entering the corner, going through the apex and exiting corners.

Mods, make this post a sticky.

Everyone who hasn't read these books should take a peak. Mountains of good info!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey AR. You should ABSOLUTELY sign up for a day of lessons. They are a very professional group and your riding will improve by leaps and bounds. It's one thing to read something and try it and it's another to have a trained instructor following you and giving you feedback.

Caution!!! May be habit forming. I took the two day school at the ridge last summer. 3 weeks latter I had a fully kitted GSXR, leathers, the whole bit. Track day riding is sooo much fun. It's absolutely ridiculous. You can pick up a track bike for cheap.

They just released the 2016 schedule for their classes. Shoot.me a message if you sign up

1 - 16 of 16 Posts