Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while ago we thought we had lost one Scrambler key so we purchased a new blank had it cut then had it programmed to to bike. You know what happened next, the “lost” key turned up but no longer worked with the bike. While trying to get it re programmed we and the dealer discovered that the Scrambler 800s can only have two keys programmed for each bike.
This post is just for reference in case somebody decides that they want additional keys for whatever reason.

· Registered
25 Posts
Interesting. So I am missing one key for my ‘19 Icon. I was going to have another key made. When the new key is programmed, is the other original key reprogrammed as well? That would be the two keys for the bike. Chances of finding the second original key are zero.

· Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting. So I am missing one key for my ‘19 Icon. I was going to have another key made. When the new key is programmed, is the other original key reprogrammed as well? That would be the two keys for the bike. Chances of finding the second original key are zero.
To be safe I would make sure both the new and old keys are together when the programming is done to make sure they both work afterwards.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts