Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took delivery of a 2018 DS so last year's model. After the first 100 km to bed in the tyres and find the clutch sticks (another thread) I took it onto the dirt track that leads to my house. Felt way too hard. I left the tyre pressure at 2.2 bar having read the manual and info on this forum. Then I found a sticker on the bike giving a much reduced pressure for 'T' tyres rather than 'V'. Is it normal to run lower speed rated tyres at lower pressure? I am going to try and add a pic of the sticker. I really want to air down but am aware of Ducati advice on the manual to actually air up!
20190904_143148.jpg

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think that tyre pressures are mostly a recommendation. As long as you stay in somewhat decent pressure you will be ok. If you feel that 32psi is too much, just lower it a bit :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think that tyre pressures are mostly a recommendation. As long as you stay in somewhat decent pressure you will be ok. If you feel that 32psi is too much, just lower it a bit :)
Thanks for this. I have always dropped pressure down to go off road but I read in this forum advice not to do that because of risking damage to the rims. I was also bemused by the sticker that is on my bike adding advice to change pressure depending on the speed rating of the tyre...that was absolutely news to me!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gravel riding today and the bike feels like it is juddering over marbles....I really need to drop the tyre pressure...I think down to 1.6 bar.I am still really confused by the sticker on the swing arm which seems to say recommended pressures widely different for different speed ratings....anybody understand this? The manual says to air UP off road, bizarre.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts