Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just realised that my dealer, SMC in Sheffield, keeps pumping my rear tyre up from 36psi to 42psi. My manual says 36 psi and I was wondering whether this figure has been revised?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Interestingly when I got my bike the rear tyre was at 42psi as well, I keep mine both at 36 as per the manual

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's funny as riding to the dealer for my first service I was thinking the suspension doesn't feel that harsh. On the way back I was thinking right that's it....I need a Nitron shock.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Stay at the recommended pressure, a couple of pounds either way's ok , but 42 lbs is way over the top,

·
Registered
146 Posts
Last year checked the accuracy of my tyre pressure gauge against three other gauges. They varied by 7 PSI at a reading of 30 and 3 PSI at 50.

Bought a new one and checked it at an engineers shop and know to add 2 PSI to the reading. Checked it again after 10 months and it is still giving same readings. May be worth checking yours.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Last year checked the accuracy of my tyre pressure gauge against three other gauges. They varied by 7 PSI at a reading of 30 and 3 PSI at 50.

Bought a new one and checked it at an engineers shop and know to add 2 PSI to the reading. Checked it again after 10 months and it is still giving same readings. May be worth checking yours.
Yes checked mine against my travel one just in case. The front tyre was also left at 36psi so it's only the rear they keep blowing back up to 42.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Stay at the recommended pressure, a couple of pounds either way's ok , but 42 lbs is way over the top,
I'm sure 42psi. is the two-up setting. Not sure why they would default to that without asking the owner what he needs ? Maybe they assume it's easier for the average owner to lower a pressure than it is to inflate.
After paying for a service I reckon the average vehicle owner (not just bike) would be weeks before checking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts