Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you put a 170/60/17 on the rear? what would it upset if anything?

·
Registered
342 Posts
It is a compatible fitment with the rear wheel width on a scrambler (not sure about a DS though). In theory it will raise the rear end of the bike by about 3 or 4 mm. I think it will make the bike sweeter handling in direction change and steering.It´ll feel lighter to ride.
I´d love to try it, (did something similar going from a 190 to a 180 on a 996 i had) but here in Spain it is illegal as the tyre size is part of the MOT and tyre sizes are printed in the original log book. If its not in the log book its not legal and your insurance is void here.
Actually it might only be Andalucia, there are local laws in Spain so i can´t actually speak for other provinces. When i was in UK it was fine to use different tyre sizes so long as they were compatible with the wheel width.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a compatible fitment with the rear wheel width on a scrambler (not sure about a DS though). In theory it will raise the rear end of the bike by about 3 or 4 mm. I think it will make the bike sweeter handling in direction change and steering.It´ll feel lighter to ride.
I´d love to try it, (did something similar going from a 190 to a 180 on a 996 i had) but here in Spain it is illegal as the tyre size is part of the MOT and tyre sizes are printed in the original log book. If its not in the log book its not legal and your insurance is void here.
Actually it might only be Andalucia, there are local laws in Spain so i can´t actually speak for other provinces. When i was in UK it was fine to use different tyre sizes so long as they were compatible with the wheel width.
Cheers stavely that’s very informative, certainly different laws to the uk.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts