Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excuse the spelling options - trying to please both the UK and American members :05.18-flustered:

So I have done 2500miles in the first glorious month of ownership (thanks to a mega week in North Spain mainly - see my other posts for details on that)

Anyway my rubber will soon need changing and I fancy doing a bit more green-laning and off-roading here in the UK so fancied a more knobbly tire / tyre :friendly_wink:

I saw this pic of a modified Scrambler and would love something like this on the wheels.

Any suggestions as to a make / UK availability and road legal? Chunkier the better
ducscram.jpg

·
Registered
541 Posts
hi,

the tires in pics are not available on the size for our scrambler, I think on the rear they changed wheel with a 130 or 160

the only more off oriented ones available, as far as I know are the Continental TKC80 but their speed code is lower than what provided by "papers" is Q (up to 100 mph instead of R up to 160 mph

and on the front you need to put a rear one, but it works fine, I tested

pictures here in the forum as well on my gallery, links in signature

link to Conti site

·
Registered
365 Posts
I was doing some investigating on the tires pictured above by finding a higher res image and trying to read the tires. They are Pirelli Scorpion MT21 Rallycross tires.

The front is OEM 110/80-18 size, and is a "rear" just like the TKC80 "front" tire, and can be had cheap in the US ($92 from Revzilla). Zooming in it's hard to read, but I think rear size in that pic is a 150/70-17. However, you can also get a 170/60-17 size (for $184 from HERE), which is only 1cm narrower than stock, so I think would work fine on the factory wheel for hitting the dirt.

For a US customer, this is currently cheaper than the TKC80 route, for which you can get the front for $166 shipped internationally on eBay, and the rear for $180 shipped. I don't know if they are as good of a tire or how long they last, but it's another option.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I was doing some investigating on the tires pictured above by finding a higher res image and trying to read the tires. They are Pirelli Scorpion MT21 Rallycross tires.

The front is OEM 110/80-18 size, and is a "rear" just like the TKC80 "front" tire, and can be had cheap in the US ($92 from Revzilla). Zooming in it's hard to read, but I think rear size in that pic is a 150/70-17. However, you can also get a 170/60-17 size (for $184 from HERE), which is only 1cm narrower than stock, so I think would work fine on the factory wheel for hitting the dirt.

For a US customer, this is currently cheaper than the TKC80 route, for which you can get the front for $166 shipped internationally on eBay, and the rear for $180 shipped. I don't know if they are as good of a tire or how long they last, but it's another option.
I don't think the rear is a MT21 - at least I can't find a MT21 in that size. It is a Pirelli tho.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts