Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered them online from the official retailer (Motovation in Austin, TX), paid $756.77 and installed them 2 days ago (8/21/19).

These things are so loud they make your ears bleed. If that's your thing, let me know. I'm reinstalling my stock pipes.

These are the titanium ones.

Thanks

·
Registered
897 Posts
The Termignoni race can on my 800 was too loud for me, but others seem to like it. Unlucky for you, you don’t like the can but like we all do just draw a line under it and think of something else. BTW I like Akra’s I have them on my 1100 they have a subtle deep tone rather than an ear splitting rasp.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Gasman, I'll look into Akra.

I really like the low rumble of the CR-T. I just want it without the decibals. I watched dozens of YouTube videos and none of them prepared me for how loud these are.

·
Registered
11 Posts
would you be interested in a swap? i purchased a slip on from BRKT moto last month. i'm very pleased with it, but, i would like a lil more noise. with the db killers in its slightly louder then stock. w/o the db killers its smooth & loud but not as loud as the sc-project.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would have been interested in a swap but, unfortunately its too late now. I ordered a Scorpion Serket Taper slip on last night and UPS is delivering it now.

Thanks anyway, dsanch!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I still have it. My replacement exhaust should arrive Thursday so Friday would be the earliest I could ship it. I can email a pic or sound video if you want.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I still have it. My replacement exhaust should arrive Thursday so Friday would be the earliest I could ship it. I can email a pic or sound video if you want.
A pic or two would be good. i'm new to this forum & im not sure what the rules are. can emails be exchaned or stictly forum?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I paid $755.77 on 8/20/19 after taxes and shipping. Would $350.00 be reasonable? Over half off?
how bout sending me some pics & a receipt for proof of purchase. hope im not insulting you by requesting pics & sales receipt. just covering myself, want to make sure its not a knockoff from ebay.
otherwise yes! i would pay 350

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not offended. I ordered it directly from SC Project and the order got fulfilled by Motovation, their official distributor in the U.S. I hope to leave work in 2 hours so I’ll get all that ready at that time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
sounds good . take your time.......any chance
you can give me an estimate of time or mileage on the unit ?
the slip-on disadvantage/irony... i just bought mine a lil over a month ago, getting ready to do the fuel mapping. went to a shop near my house which had just fininshed putting a sc-project on a scrambler. i like mine but i also like the sc, wish there was a trial period for these parts. that'll never happen...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
UPS just delivered it last Wednesday so it’s not even a week old yet. Not sure about the miles. Maybe 400 miles. I’ve only touched it with rubber gloves. The service manager at my Ducati dealer (licensed for Rexxer remaps) told me that remaps are unnecessary for slip ons. They are more necessary for full exhausts with new headers, etc.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts