Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The seat on the UE is super uncomfortable... Any suggestions please... I don't want a cushion... Maybe a better seat. Is the Ducati comfort seat any better?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Ducati Comfort seat is better but not good

I bought a Sargent Seat

Went from 40 miles to 120 mile comfort for me

Others have used the Italia Independent and say that was Ok

·
Registered
792 Posts
Got a Mugello seat on my current Scrambler. Noticeably more comfortable than any of the standard seats I've experienced.
Still not a super long distance seat but I find a lot of the other after market options ruin the lines of the bike.

Good temporary solution for longer rides is an Airhawk or Wild Ass seat pad. Very comfy and just straps to any seat. Cheapest option too.

·
Registered
896 Posts
We have a Flat Track Pro seat on our Full Throttle and it works well for both of us. We regularly ride non stop for a whole tank of fuel.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have just fitted a "Seat Concepts" I imported from the states. Ducati Scrambler model line (2015-16)
I did 500kms on it yesterday and it is really good.
The std. seat has foam which is way too soft and just squishes away. But mainly the std. seat is way too narrow where you sit and doesn´t provide wide enough support. it also slopes you forward crushing your nuts if you´re male. Its really just an instrument of torture.
Seat Concepts addresses all this as it is wider, plusher, flatter and more supportive. Its also a good inch higher so opens up your knees and ankles slightly.
Brand new its a bit slippery on very heavy braking as it hasn´t broken in, but after a couple of hundred kms it is just fine.
I´m doing a 3000 km trip in June and I´m really confident on the comfort front now.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The seat on my '15 Icon was horrible, so I bought the Ducati comfort seat. It was better, but still a problem. Then I bought one from Seat Concepts. They sell you the foam and cover, you use your existing seat pan. I put it on the original seat pan so still have the comfort seat as extra. Their foam is softer and broader than the Ducati. My Icon is yellow, and I asked for yellow piping on the new cover. Although they are not matching yellow shades, it looks pretty nice, and the new seat is much more comfortable than either of the Ducati seats. It is wider where I sit, and has a bit of a scalloped shape to it so it locates my butt very nicely. On the original seat I was uncomfortable in less than an hour. On the comfort seat, an hour and a half. On the Seat Concepts seat, I'm good for at least two hours.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Seat concepts also do a brown "vintage " cover, which I bought. It goes well on my yellow Icon, gives it a better retro look and is a similar shade to the original UE seat cover, although the stitching pattern is different.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My tailbone was hurting after every ride with the OEM handlebars. Once I replaced the handlebars to renthal super lows, the problem went away. I was sitting too upright and too much weight was put on my butt. Now that my weight is distributed more evenly between upper and lower body, I find it way more comfortable to ride. I still would probably replace the seat with one from seat concepts tho.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts