Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heyo,

Looking to slap an Urban Enduro style front fender on my newly purchased Icon. Anyone know of a less expensive option than the Ducati-made one?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm also looking to swap my classic fenders to either stock UE fenders or the equivalent. Interested to hear what people offer up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
you can try just about any SUMO front fender you want. Most require you to drill your own holes anyway. Just grab some hardware and get cracking :). Look to Acerbis for starts. Trying to be helpful.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'll check SUMO and Acerbis out. I haven't checked out the mounting under the forks. Is it just threaded holes? I can't imagine they'd put different mounts on each model

·
Registered
46 Posts
Definitely! Does anyone know if the UE's are plastic or aluminum from the factory? If they're plastic, does anyone know how they're painted or are the mold-injected that green color

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
46 Posts
That first fender is the one I went with. I also bought the rear from the same vendor with a Ducati part number. Looking at flat plastic paints to see what my options are. I love the UE green and will be painting my tank but want to explore my options before deciding

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very cool, man. I picked up the NRC rear fender delete and got a swing arm license plate mount from No School Choppers to clean up the back end. If you're in the market for a plate change I HIGHLY recommend No School Choppers; super high quality/great price!

·
Registered
46 Posts
That looks good! Thanks for sharing. How do you like the handguards? Thinking of going with SW-Motech Kobras and integrating the turn signals

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I love em! I've got the acerbis visions. Being in Oregon, it can get chilly and wet before you know it and they've saved my fingers more than once haha. They have lights mounted in them- not turn signals mind you, but really bright white running lights that really increase visibility on those same damp days.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well it turns out the universal Acerbis isn't so universal haha. I'll most likely spring for the ducati part at some point in the near future.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Good to know. I've been watching the sets on eBay but they haven't budged on price. Seems kinda crazy spending $450 on plastic fenders

1 - 20 of 23 Posts