Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The magnetic tank bag has been reviewed previously by El Visto and others, but I haven't seen a review of the tail pack. Both pieces are made of rubbery waterproof plastic, seem reasonably tough in the absence of an exhaust burn. (Note to self: Use care around hot high Termi.) Tail bag attaches with 4 nylon web straps to the frame tubes under the rear seat, and plastic D-rings on the bag. Straps need to be crossed one over the other and tightened well to avoid movement; and the ends need to be tucked into the elastic bands on the straps to avoid whipping the paint. I put a sheet of bubble wrap in the bottom of both bags to cushion the produce (yes, I used it for a grocery run, just to see if it could be a mule as well as a co-conspirator). Lemons, apples and even tomatoes survived transport well; the bananas not so much. With bubble wrap removed, capacity of both items together seems just right for a few days' underwear, t-shirts, socks, toothbrush, and a few favorite meds.

·
Registered
621 Posts
The magnetic tank bag has been reviewed previously by El Visto and others, but I haven't seen a review of the tail pack. Both pieces are made of rubbery waterproof plastic, seem reasonably tough in the absence of an exhaust burn. (Note to self: Use care around hot high Termi.) Tail bag attaches with 4 nylon web straps to the frame tubes under the rear seat, and plastic D-rings on the bag. Straps need to be crossed one over the other and tightened well to avoid movement; and the ends need to be tucked into the elastic bands on the straps to avoid whipping the paint. I put a sheet of bubble wrap in the bottom of both bags to cushion the produce (yes, I used it for a grocery run, just to see if it could be a mule as well as a co-conspirator). Lemons, apples and even tomatoes survived transport well; the bananas not so much. With bubble wrap removed, capacity of both items together seems just right for a few days' underwear, t-shirts, socks, toothbrush, and a few favorite meds.
mmmmm. fruits.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The most surprising thing was that the produce in the tail bag stayed cooler than the tank bag groceries, I guess because the engine is hotter than the high exhaust, even though the pipe is closer.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Excellent! Very handy having some sort of luggage on the bike; I despise wearing a backpack while I'm riding. Thanks for the details and the pictures!

Sarah

1 - 7 of 7 Posts