Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mailed a few dealers regarding a quote for the Desmo service. So far only one has replied. For that service alone, no added extras it's a staggering £700......!!!!!
Now I'm guessing that most of the quotes will be around that price since they are main dealers.
£700 seems an incredible amount of money for just over 3 hours work.
Anyone here been charged this amount

·
Registered
764 Posts
6 hours is about right and with most dealers these days that will £400 - £500 for labour. That's why I do it myself.

Reactions: Armo

·
Registered
76 Posts
Riders in Cardiff gave me a quote for £600 for the 7500 service, I wasn't happy as a friend of mine has a Triumph and had only just spent £350 on a major service. I thought everyone charged the same price so I tried selling the bike as I couldn't justify spending that much every 7500 miles but just got messed around by bike shops. In the end I asked on here and Ducati in Stoke got recommended and I emailed them and they gave me a price of £392. I rode up from West Wales and dropped it of the night before and spent the night in Stoke. Had a text next day saying bike is ready, so went back expecting them to say "we had to do this and that and the price is......." But no everything was fine and the price was still £392.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I'm in Oz, Sydney. And in fairness my dealer did warn me about the Desmo service before I even signed on the dotted line for the bike. Expensive but I don't clock up as many miles as some on here so doable for me (from memory they said about $1200 - I'm still a ways off so not even worth bartering yet.)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Same here. I reckon I'll be due for the 5 year belt change before the valves need doing so it'll be all in.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts