Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. so this is kind of my 6 month review. First , I'm a tall fat ass old guy and will turn 61 in 6 minutes. I've only owned motocross and woods bikes and this is my first road bike. I like it...a lot. I could be happy with this bike in total stock trim except for 1 thing , the seat(s). I've done a lot of work to it. Got rid of the canister, stock silencer and catalytic converter. Added a LeoVince slip on exhaust, a power comander and a remap. Added a Givy windshield, new grips. a Herco & Becker rear rack, a comfort seat and went up one tooth on counter shaft sprocket. Still need to do suspension. This bike handles nice, but the suspension needs to be done. Sometimes I imagine it's what a hardtail feel like. I've had a couple Harley guys try and race me but they are helpless and I outran them easily. So the 2 things that I detested the most are the seat and the foot pegs. Both killed after a relatively short time riding. last week i left my comfort seat with an upholsterer and I ordered a W-MOTECH On-Road/Off-Road Convertible Foot Peg Kit http://static.twisted-throttle.net/...2fd2427e3099/f/r/frs_07_011_10001_s_3_web.jpg, I had the upholsterer build up the front of the seat and add padding to all of it. What a difference, now I think the suspension sucks only half as bad. Changing the pegs made a huge difference. no more sore arches. I can't believe how much more ridable this made this bike. Now I can ride with my body in the right position. I thought I was gonna have to get my cheeks amputated. The pegs have 2 positions so between the higher seat and the lower I'm now fitting correctly and comfortable. I no longer feel to tall for the

I'm scheduled for a gastric bypass operation which should loose me about 100 pounds. I'm guessing that'll feel like another 35-45 horsepower. Time will tell.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Good luck with the op! Hope it works out for you. Just converted from lbs to kg and realised you'll be losing the equivalent of my 7yr old rottweiler!!!
So yeah, I imagine you'll see a significant performance increase :p

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey I wrote that last night while I was waiting for my sleeping pill to kick in. It came out better then I thought considering I could barely see straight through most of writing it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts