Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guess I'm not the only one who have noticed "Under seat USB" in the description of the bikes.

Stupid question maybe, but do they mean what I think they do? That you can connect USB-cable/memory stick etc. to the bike? In that case, is it for charging your phone or could it have other usages?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
It's for hipsters to charge their phones so they can spend more time posting filtered shots of their scrambler to instagram.

But seriously, this feature will surely catch on to other bikes... who hasn't been out on a ride with a dying cell phone? In a roadside emergency situation this is the business.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am looking forward to hear more about this feature. Hopefully Ducati still have some hidden surprises for us.

·
Premium Member
1,081 Posts
I think the USB under the seat will open up the possibilities for a lot of accessories.

What kind of ECU connection do you think the Scrambler will have? I wonder if they will have some sort of OBDII port, or if there will be a USB connection there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi, this vid has a good pan of the underseat area with USB socket unplugged (and the tray for the phone) at just after the 3 minute mark...

·
Registered
227 Posts
Guess I'm not the only one who have noticed "Under seat USB" in the description of the bikes.

Stupid question maybe, but do they mean what I think they do? That you can connect USB-cable/memory stick etc. to the bike? In that case, is it for charging your phone or could it have other usages?

With a wireless unit in your helmet and a smart phone you can listen to tunes, talk on the phone, get turn by turn nav directions, etc.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think you can use it to do engine remaps or other electronic engine trickery (if you change the pipes, say) too. Think I read about that on here, but can't find it at the mo.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Has anyone used or had trouble with the USB port? I tried it yesterday to charge my iPhone and I couldn't get the phone to show that it was charging. Today I am going to check the stupid stuff - check fuses, try different cords and devices. I don't think I have any power to the plug.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yes. Mine works great to charge my iPhone 6. I have run a dedicated cord under the tank up to my ram mount. The standard 4 ft cord wasn't long enough to route it that way, so I picked up a 6 footer that works perfect.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Has anyone used or had trouble with the USB port? I tried it yesterday to charge my iPhone and I couldn't get the phone to show that it was charging. Today I am going to check the stupid stuff - check fuses, try different cords and devices. I don't think I have any power to the plug.
Does the engine need to be running?

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I've not used mine yet , but its certainly going to be useful for charging my phone when i'm away for a few days,I've hard wired my sat nav to the battery, didn't realise i could use the USB socket :rolleyes:

·
Registered
227 Posts
I tried different devices and cords, checked all the fusses and disconnected and reconnected the USB. No joy. I will have to call the dealer tomorrow and see what they have to say. They may have to order a new USB assembly.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I believe those were "concept" features that didn't make it into production.
I completely agree with this. The speculation I fueled was fun, but now that we have Scramblers in our hands, this definitely doesn't exist.

I have a Sena bluetooth kit in my helmet now. I listen to tunes and can have siri read any incoming texts, and I prefer that anyway. I could technically take calls, but that's not something I'd do while riding.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts