Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!
I recently purchased an iPhone 11 pro, and I noticed that the underseat USB port which works perfectly with my old iPhone, does not charge now.
Anyone else having the same problem?
Any solutions you can think of?

·
Registered
13 Posts
According to the manual, the Ducati delivers 1A, while the usual high dpeed-charge is 2 to 2,5A.
I will therefore install an Opticharge charger, as with my previous bike.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The on bike port is very low current, I think your solution is the best. I did this on my Supersport S, and plan to do it on my new to me 1100 Sport.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Are you guys charging your phone under the seat or running a long cable out? Just curious.
Personally I chuck the phone under the seat. I can still grab a call from my Cardo (virtually never happens) and listen to music or the radio so it works for me. I also have a really old clapped out phone so charging as been fine for me.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Are you guys charging your phone under the seat or running a long cable out? Just curious.
I don't charge my phone when riding (I don't ride long distances and my phone stays charged for 1 day). I removed the under-the-seat USB plug so I could use the room to store other electronics (dashcam, brake light controllers, power distribution, BT...).

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am ready with my Optimate charging cable - actually it is this one, available worldwide:

I connected it by means of an adaptor (SAE) to the DDA-port under the seat. Gets out a steady current of around 2A, enought to charge the phone while navigating. Be careful when instaling the cable under the tank (my usb-port is pretty much hidden invisibly): When lifting the tank, the ventilation line is VERY short and the plug of it breaks easily. No big deal to replace it, but Ducati lead times are quite long at the moment... ;)

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am ready with my Optimate charging cable - actually it is this one, available worldwide:

I connected it by means of an adaptor (SAE) to the DDA-port under the seat. Gets out a steady current of around 2A, enought to charge the phone while navigating. Be careful when instaling the cable under the tank (my usb-port is pretty much hidden invisibly): When lifting the tank, the ventilation line is VERY short and the plug of it breaks easily. No big deal to replace it, but Ducati lead times are quite long at the moment... ;)
I’m struggling to find the DDA port under the seat, where is it and what does it look like? Do you have a picture?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just went to our shed and took a picture. It‘s the blue-yellow plug, though you will find it with a cap.

into there goes the adaptor, into the adaptor goes the Optimate charger. Still works like a charm. 👍

·
Registered
13 Posts
As far as I remember, it was tucked in near the USB-plug, below the other cables running next to it. Just pull them out with patience and care, then you won‘t create any damage 👍

1 - 12 of 12 Posts