Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been tossing around the idea of putting a fairing on my Icon ever since I got it. Currently being bored, I've ordered a couple of different parts: an Alibaba rip of an R NineT Urban headlight fairing (I'll cut this down to size and see how it looks), and the Cafe Racer fairing and mount (7 and 21, as seen in green in the diagram).

These seem to be the pieces that are different to the other Scrambler variants (21 doesn't include the plastic in front of the keyhole, 7 is normally the metal trim). However, there are a couple more pieces that are in addition, circled in pink.

I've got no idea what these are or what they do! It looks like as plug of some sort, but doesn't connect to anything in the other schematics. The manual lists them as follows:

22 85040471A QUICK FASTENING M5
26 8301A841AA BRACKET
27 76410971A RUBBER PA
28 77240253C SCREW

Any insight would be appreciated! I didn't ordered them, but surely they must be important for something?

·
Registered
954 Posts
22 and 26 through 28 are the socket on the bike side that the headlight plugs into to get power. They are on the left inside of the fork tube as you sit on the bike. You should not need to worry about them they are effectively attached to the bike.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome, thanks for that K1! Will let you know how the tinkering goes in my Icon thread (y)

·
Registered
954 Posts
Just be really careful about releasing the headlight unit from its mounts. Whenhen you undo the screws the headlight has a tendency to fall forward and drop on the floor glass side down and you know what that will mean. If you can have somebody stand on front of the bike and hold the glass in place as you undo the mounts. If just be very careful. The Cafe Race mount is different from the Icon and other model mount as far as how the headlight attaches. On the other models there is a retaining screw on each side of the bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts