Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Starting to gear up the Scrambler for a spring trip down around the four corners (Durango and Telluride area of CO), the new SW Motech bags are nicely made, pretty small compared to our big Indian's saddlebags, so I need to consolidate and pack light. I also have a Nelson-Rigg tail bag coming, should give me enough storage for a two-week trip. Spring is not far away now.
IMG_38994a.jpg

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have the same bags. I don't see being able to put a second person on the back. There would really be no place for their legs.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey guys, thanks for the response.:icon_thumright: Too bad, that would have been practical doing a small tour with my wife.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Nice looking. I am sure this has been covered before but do you feel they mount securely and can carry a reasonable amount of weight? I'd love to buy a new Yellow Icon in the front range area and ride back to Washington State on nothing but back roads. That would be really cool to do.

And regarding your Termignoni exhaust, do you run it with or without the db killer? It is so tough to judge exhausts when all one hears is a sound clip on the internet. Depending on recording level or a common background noise it is tough to determine how loud it is.

NC

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice looking. I am sure this has been covered before but do you feel they mount securely and can carry a reasonable amount of weight? I'd love to buy a new Yellow Icon in the front range area and ride back to Washington State on nothing but back roads. That would be really cool to do.

And regarding your Termignoni exhaust, do you run it with or without the db killer? It is so tough to judge exhausts when all one hears is a sound clip on the internet. Depending on recording level or a common background noise it is tough to determine how loud it is.

NC
The Motech bags have a wide "strap" about 5" wide that sits over the passenger portion of the seat, then there are quick detach struts that fit into a sleeve on the back of the bags to stabilize them. I think they are very sturdily mounted, and am very happy with the whole setup. Regarding the termingoni, I am running it without the DB killer, But after testing the DB killer with a sound level meter (before and after), it was only dropping about 4-5db, so nothing really significant.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have the Hepco & Becker C-Bow panniers. I think they mount slightly further back so you can carry a pillion (haven't tried it), but they stick out more because they have to clear the indicators. The H&B ones are maybe slightly better as a permanent install, whereas the Motechs are better for occasional use (no unsightly brackets).

They are useful to carry a change of clothes and my 13" laptop fits in the H&B street bags so I can commute to work on sunny days, and you can pop a couple of 2l jerry cans in there to extend your range. Pity there isn't more storage under the seat, I'm getting a Givi leg bag which should be handy to carry odds and ends when I don't fit the panniers.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hmm...I have the SW-Motech Legend Gear bags mounted, albeit both are of the smaller persuasion, but my long-legged beauty had no problem on the pillion with the bags installed.

We did the whole day on the bike (DGR2016) with the bags.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts