Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Beautiful, really. Nice work.

Can you actually see anything in that mirror? I just ordered a pair of cheap clamp-on mirrors for mine the other day and plan to mount them the same way as you've done. But I really wonder if it will work, functionally. I ordered 80 mm diameter, so smaller than yours and not legal - but I will have two of them :). (yours are EU-legal in terms of size, but is "left-side-only" legal?)
yeah and no haha i can se enough for lane change etc. normally always go with the shoulder check though. i would run no mirrors but is mainly so i dont get bothered by the spanish police... they are EU certified size. help me out you can vote for my bike in the ducati scrambler custom rumble, in the outsider category :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Your Mugello seat, is that one of the "standard" ones (Original Slim?) , or did you specify it yourself?

You mention an LSL rear bracket. Can't seem to find that on LSL's website - it's the plate underneath the seat, right?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Your Mugello seat, is that one of the "standard" ones (Original Slim?) , or did you specify it yourself?

You mention an LSL rear bracket. Can't seem to find that on LSL's website - it's the plate underneath the seat, right?
its the original slim with a custom stitching design. LSL stopped producing the bracket as far as im aware. you might need to look around online for a place wiht one in stock. if you could help me out and give my scrambler a vote in the custom rumble contest would be great... make sure to click the heart logo again after the facebook verify page
Thanks!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks. The seat looks good and the tail very clean. Personally, I am a bit torn between the Slim Original and the Slim Classic Vintage. I checked out the Rumble, but voting seems to require FB-login which unfortunately excludes me. But you seem to be doing pretty good already - good luck!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Very nice. I just sent a photo to my dealer and said to hide that cable arch of St. Louis and to make it look like yours. I love the clean look, how it should come from the factory.

Only two more weeks of waiting for my Icon Dark............is it here yet? How about now?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Thanks. The seat looks good and the tail very clean. Personally, I am a bit torn between the Slim Original and the Slim Classic Vintage. I checked out the Rumble, but voting seems to require FB-login which unfortunately excludes me. But you seem to be doing pretty good already - good luck!
yeah either of those seat choices you wont be disappointed :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Very nice. I just sent a photo to my dealer and said to hide that cable arch of St. Louis and to make it look like yours. I love the clean look, how it should come from the factory.

Only two more weeks of waiting for my Icon Dark............is it here yet? How about now?
Hell yeah haha, so weird how they let it out the factory like that :S

If you could give my bike a vote in the custom rumble contest would be cool :) make sure the vote symbol turns filled in with yellow to confirm the vote.

Category: Outsider - Bike name: Barceloca

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey,

Can you tell me how you managed to get the area around the tail light so clean and flat? There's a bracket or something like that below the OEM tail light and every tail tidy that I've seen mounted without the fender leaves a gap of several centimeters because of that thing below the light. Is it removable? Even Mugello tells me that installing their Vintage tail light (like yours) will still leave a gap of the same size.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Hey,

Can you tell me how you managed to get the area around the tail light so clean and flat? There's a bracket or something like that below the OEM tail light and every tail tidy that I've seen mounted without the fender leaves a gap of several centimeters because of that thing below the light. Is it removable? Even Mugello tells me that installing their Vintage tail light (like yours) will still leave a gap of the same size.
Hi, yes... i cut it off, its simple for me to weld it back on if i need to...

·
Registered
26 Posts
I see.. . Amazing mod. OEM light or Mugello, that gap simply ruins the point of removing the fender. I put mine back on today and ditched the idea of ordering the Mugello light. But perhaps I should do like you did. Sure looks fantastic. Thanks for your quick reply and hope you are alright in Spain.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I see.. . Amazing mod. OEM light or Mugello, that gap simply ruins the point of removing the fender. I put mine back on today and ditched the idea of ordering the Mugello light. But perhaps I should do like you did. Sure looks fantastic. Thanks for your quick reply and hope you are alright in Spain.
its the muegllo light, when you remove the stock light just trim off the bracket. if its a clean cut, its easy to weld back on. one problem with the LED is that that the turn signals are not bright and in say light its hard to see them working, i have installed separate micro led's turn signals on the swing arm bracket for plate.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks. That's a shame about the indicators not being bright enough, because when you trim off the bracket you don't really have many options for mounting alternative indicators. Not sure I understand where you put yours - on the license plate holder itself??

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ok, they are indeed small. And where did you put the wires?

I've seen a couple of bikes that have the Mugello light together with the NRC tail tidy with the flat indicators - but you can't even mount that without the bracket that you took off, I suppose.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I see. Think I'll order a pair of Motogadget Pins and see if I can find a way to mount them below or to the sides of the tail light, or on the license plate holder if I choose to move the plate up under the tail.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts