Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Decided to upgrade the slave cylinder to the Ducabike unit. Wow, what a difference! Clutch jutter and low speed vibrations are all gone and shifts are smoother. Highly recommend!
20190607_120201.jpg

·
Registered
906 Posts
What did you find wrong with the OEM? Mine is fine no problems at all admittedly since I fitted new levers.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What did you find wrong with the OEM? Mine is fine no problems at all admittedly since I fitted new levers.
The OEM one was okay, but I noticed coming from my Triumph that the Ducati has a pretty common low end shudder/jutter when accelerating from a stop or at low speeds when downshifting.

upload_2019-6-11_20-39-54.png

·
Registered
906 Posts
The OEM one was okay, but I noticed coming from my Triumph that the Ducati has a pretty common low end shudder/jutter when accelerating from a stop or at low speeds when downshifting.

View attachment 40049
Thanks for that, from what you say I remember feeling that but cured it by fitting a 14 tooth front sprocket. Now it’s an all round better bike, pulling 2nd at roundabouts and turns instead of dropping to 1st.

·
Registered
205 Posts
My 2015 has a cable clutch.
No hydraulic cylinder.
I'd like a hydraulic clutch.

Not as funny when explained.

Probably not funny at all on reflection

I'll get me coat...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for that, from what you say I remember feeling that but cured it by fitting a 14 tooth front sprocket. Now it’s an all round better bike, pulling 2nd at roundabouts and turns instead of dropping to 1st.
Yeah I did the 14t front sprocket as well, which brought some improvement on the shudder, and now with the slave cylinder, its almost non existent. Also agree with the 2nd gear vs 1st gear in the roundabouts, its nice not to have to downshift. Another perk is the bike is also quicker off the line, but of course you give up a little on the top end. I dont mind though, I dont do a lot of interstate/highway riding anyway and the times I do aren't too bad if I keep it around 65-70 mph.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Yeah I did the 14t front sprocket as well, which brought some improvement on the shudder, and now with the slave cylinder, its almost non existent. Also agree with the 2nd gear vs 1st gear in the roundabouts, its nice not to have to downshift. Another perk is the bike is also quicker off the line, but of course you give up a little on the top end. I dont mind though, I dont do a lot of interstate/highway riding anyway and the times I do aren't too bad if I keep it around 65-70 mph.
Wow I’m on fire today. That’s at least 3 agreements on different forums. Everyone usually tells me I’m wrong.

·
Registered
210 Posts
How long did it take you to install?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How long did it take you to install?
Since it required a fluid change, bleeding, fluid disposal, etc. I took it to a local Ducati shop and had their technician install it while I waited. It took him about 30 minutes, plus a quick test ride.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Hey guys,

Decided to upgrade the slave cylinder to the Ducabike unit. Wow, what a difference! Clutch jutter and low speed vibrations are all gone and shifts are smoother. Highly recommend! View attachment 40047
Looking very nice! I see you also added the Ducabike sprocket and timing inspection cover. I still miss my cable clutch from the 800. This is my first bike ever with a hydraulic clutch and I still don't realy like it...

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looking very nice! I see you also added the Ducabike sprocket and timing inspection cover. I still miss my cable clutch from the 800. This is my first bike ever with a hydraulic clutch and I still don't realy like it...
Thanks Skippy! Yeah, I am going a little overboard with the Ducabike accessories. LOL. I also swapped out the footpegs for Ducabike ones, because I didnt care for the blocky/chunky Scrambler OEM ones. I like the slimmer profile style. So you prefer the cable clutch? Interesting, I really love the clutch in the 1100, its velvety smooth....especially now. :icon_thumbright:

Reactions: Skippy'73

·
Registered
834 Posts
Thanks Skippy! Yeah, I am going a little overboard with the Ducabike accessories. LOL. I also swapped out the footpegs for Ducabike ones, because I didnt care for the blocky/chunky Scrambler OEM ones. I like the slimmer profile style. So you prefer the cable clutch? Interesting, I really love the clutch in the 1100, its velvety smooth....especially now. :icon_thumbright:
The smoothness is probably the problem, most my bikes had dry big single plate clutches like a car(BMW's :icon_clown: ). I just miss a bit of feel and also find that the clutch engages pretty late.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Skippy have you not fitted adjustable levers? I thought the clutch came in too late so fitted levers and adjusted them with the screw. The clutch is now just how I like it also set on 2 of 6.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Skippy have you not fitted adjustable levers? I thought the clutch came in too late so fitted levers and adjusted them with the screw. The clutch is now just how I like it also set on 2 of 6.
No I'm still running the original levers. Might be a good idea to fit some aftermarket ones but still not sure on the ones I want.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts