Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After spending quality time with Mom, I shot home and got to work on a few goodies that have trickled in for the DS. Some of you saw the Akrapovic that I put on. Although some final touches need to be made before I'm happy with the mounting, it's staying on. The bike now sounds like my kind of Ducati. Installed today was a K&N air filter (DU-8015), Evotech swingarm sliders, Evotech oil cooler guard, Evotech rectifier guard, and Rapid Bike Evo fuel management. Since this was my first time getting into the bike, it took about four hours to get everything done. I ended up mounting the Rapid Bike module in the tool kit storage "box." The box had to be attacked with a Dremel tool to fit the way I wanted, but I tried to keep it looking clean. Once mounted, the tool kit fit on top of the Rapid Bike module and sit mounted up fine. I opted to go with Rapid Bike over my traditional PCV because the unit is constantly making adjustments on the fly, in real time. I must say the bike ran without so much as a hiccup. Even my 2015 Multistrada (with a PCV map), doesn't run as clean as the DS with the Rapid Bike. Bike sounds great, rides great, and I'm almost to the first service.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi,

I have been trawling the market for an 'after market' exhaust for my Sled. Love the look of yours, but before buying I would love to hear what it sounds like? Is there any way you could upload a video file so that I could hear it?
Could you give me the part number of the exhaust?

Excuse my ignorance but what does the 'Rapid Bike Evo fuel management' do exactly?

Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's an updated video clip of the Akra exhaust. Interestingly, I took the bike in for the 620 mi service and was told by a Ducati tech that they are unable to update the ECU due to the Rapid Bike Evo being installed. I'll have to figure that one out. Anyway, I made a small bracket to better mount the exhaust to the right side passenger peg. I'll do a little post later. In the mean time, enjoy the new video!

·
Registered
2 Posts
After spending quality time with Mom, I shot home and got to work on a few goodies that have trickled in for the DS. Some of you saw the Akrapovic that I put on. Although some final touches need to be made before I'm happy with the mounting, it's staying on. The bike now sounds like my kind of Ducati. Installed today was a K&N air filter (DU-8015), Evotech swingarm sliders, Evotech oil cooler guard, Evotech rectifier guard, and Rapid Bike Evo fuel management. Since this was my first time getting into the bike, it took about four hours to get everything done. I ended up mounting the Rapid Bike module in the tool kit storage "box." The box had to be attacked with a Dremel tool to fit the way I wanted, but I tried to keep it looking clean. Once mounted, the tool kit fit on top of the Rapid Bike module and sit mounted up fine. I opted to go with Rapid Bike over my traditional PCV because the unit is constantly making adjustments on the fly, in real time. I must say the bike ran without so much as a hiccup. Even my 2015 Multistrada (with a PCV map), doesn't run as clean as the DS with the Rapid Bike. Bike sounds great, rides great, and I'm almost to the first service.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, have you noticed any diffrence with K&N air filter? I've cheqked on the KN web page and there is not air filter for DS, is KN DU 8015 right for the desert sled? Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts