Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Warning to users of Urban Enduro bags! The other day I installed the left hand bag for the first time and found that when loaded the bottom of the bag swings in towards the wheel and as a consequence the fwd inner corner rubs on the swing arm. It appears to me that the support frame is not long enough to keep the bag upright. I guess I'll have to bring this up with the local dealer. Will post pics as soon as the rain lets me out in the garage

·
Registered
589 Posts
Are all your plastic support pieces in place? My left one is filled with waterproofs full time, and I fill the right with stuff for work each day without a problem. I'll have a look later just in case ;-)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Everything in proper place, taking a second look it appears the support frame is not parallel with wheel so I guess I need to look at the mtg points

Attachments

·
Registered
589 Posts
I've just been out to check mine, the brackets are parallel to the wheel, and even grabbing the bag and pushing it towards the wheel it won't rub the tyre. Yours must be out somewhere?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've just been out to check mine, the brackets are parallel to the wheel, and even grabbing the bag and pushing it towards the wheel it won't rub the tyre. Yours must be out somewhere?
Rubs on the swing arm not the wheel and only when there is weight on th bike

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've re created the conditions pics attached. The frame only supports the bag for two thirds of its height allowing the bag to swing inwards and outwards at bottom. This maybe ok when on a straightish road but if hitting the twisties as I was the bottom of the bag will swing in and out, so with weight on the suspension the the bag will occasionally touch the swing arm especially two up

Attachments

·
Registered
965 Posts
I guess its good thing I don't have my loaded down. I do know that the maximum weight of each bag is fairly low, If I remember the smaller right side bag had a weight limit of less than 5 lbs. if I remember correctly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts