Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone seen one hit ground in the U States yet? I spoke with my dealer today and she said May. Sometime in may. I guess that means I should see it in 25 days or less.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My dealer told me May 15th, I won't hold my breath though. They just got their first Icon delivered, and they only got one.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yesterday I talked to 5 SoCal dealers about UE arrival estimates - yes, I'm that annoying. Of the 5 dealers, I got 5 different answers ranging from next week to mid-June for the first shipment of UEs. Sadly, my deposit is with the dealer saying mid-June. That red Icon is suddenly looking better and better!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Don't do it guys! I nearly looked at another model but now I have mine I'm so glad I waited! Hang in there, it'll be worth it, trust me :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well, the 15th has come and gone. Still no delivery.

I went to the dealership instead of just calling this time, a quick glance at the dealers DCS screen shows mine is next to arrive, status is still "On the water" with an estimated delivery date of May 15. Upon further review, it's clear that "May 15" means May 2015. :icon_scratch:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I finally gave in and got a red icon and started turning it into an enduro. I just couldn't wait any longer!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am taking it by the no call from my dealer mine is still not here. If I knew of another model close by I would be all over it like dark on night or something like that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am #1 on the list for UE in Boston at the local dealer (Riverside Motorsports), but no news yet.

Dealership is getting in other models, so that is a good start. Was told mid-March, then "any week," then mid-April, and now I'm at "any day now."

My only frustration is that I can track most packages down to location by the hour, but a $10k/400lb motorcycle is impossible to track? Not impressed. I remember reading that something about the shipping from Italy to USA was not allowing for order tracking, but that is BS, it's 2015, someone in the organization knows exactly where these bikes are...if Ducati truly "does not know" where their assets are then that is frightening, it's not like they are on a sailboat hoping for the trade winds to pick up or a missing carrier pigeon to come back.

Ok, end rant. Hope to get "the call" soon.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It is so hard for me to not just buy 2 used bikes of some sort, I have been looking st super motos and dual sports all day. I figure I can pick up one of those and a sport bike of some manner for what I'm paying for this thing. But I know as soon as I do they will ring me up. The good news is I was moved to the front of the list because someone switched models. the bad news is that guy already has a Scrambler to ride.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I am #1 on the list for UE in Boston at the local dealer (Riverside Motorsports), but no news yet.

Dealership is getting in other models, so that is a good start. Was told mid-March, then "any week," then mid-April, and now I'm at "any day now."

My only frustration is that I can track most packages down to location by the hour, but a $10k/400lb motorcycle is impossible to track? Not impressed. I remember reading that something about the shipping from Italy to USA was not allowing for order tracking, but that is BS, it's 2015, someone in the organization knows exactly where these bikes are...if Ducati truly "does not know" where their assets are then that is frightening, it's not like they are on a sailboat hoping for the trade winds to pick up or a missing carrier pigeon to come back.

Ok, end rant. Hope to get "the call" soon.
Geezo ! calm doon.
Joking aside, it will be worth it, I was getting the same as you but did hold on and glad I did. There's nothing else out at the moment if it IS something like an Urban Enduro you want.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
It is so hard for me to not just buy 2 used bikes of some sort, I have been looking st super motos and dual sports all day. I figure I can pick up one of those and a sport bike of some manner for what I'm paying for this thing. But I know as soon as I do they will ring me up. The good news is I was moved to the front of the list because someone switched models. the bad news is that guy already has a Scrambler to ride.
I know what you mean. But, I have a KTM 690 smcr as well and if one has to go for whatever reason, I reckon I'll keep the Urban.
The 690 is a fantastic bike but does not have the same fun and character as the Scrambler. For the first time in my life I think I have a bike that is not for sale. Usually they're gone with the wind.
If it's not for you then go can always get something else later.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I would be ok if They would have said looks like it will be here by the end of May. Not looks like it will be here in march! We never said march we said April. April flowers brings scramblers you know. JK JK lol We really meant May! it will be here on the 15th of may! No I meant May 2015. So now I just think I'll be happy to get it before july.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts