Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does everyone in the entire USA have their Yellow Icon but me? My dealer won't even bother to reply to my requests for updates in status.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Still waiting. Was supposed to be here on the 15th but there is no word as to if it has been built or in transit.

How do some of you get detail about whether the bike has shipped? I don't even have a serial number :(

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just talked to the dealer and there is still no word as to when or where my bike is. He said in the US that they have no visibility until the bike hits these shores. Is that consistent with what others are hearing?

Some interesting news is that he said mine will be the last bike delivered this riding season. All other depositors will be waiting till December at least :(

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just talked my dealer. My bike is still showing "on the water" status.
From what I gather from the dealer and other member posts the U.S. dealers have visibility into the order status with very little granularity. They can see;
OPEN = your bike is anywhere from the parts bin to the export port.
ON THE WATER = your bike cleared export and is anywhere from sitting in a container in Thailand, to sitting in customs in US port.

I believe after on the water, Ducati USA then "invoices" the dealer. This is the first time the dealer can see a VIN number and is sure he will be getting a bike. If all goes well 3~5 days later your bike reaches the dealership.

Most folks on the forum say 2~3 weeks from the time your order goes "on the water" until you get your first ride

What model are you waiting on?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would get your dealer on the phone and ask.....what does my order show, "open" or "on the water"?
If it on the water your probably ok. If it's open maybe you could use that for leverage to get a deal on something else at his shop

·
Registered
15 Posts
I wrote to ducati via their web site to ask for any information they might have. Ducati Italy called me today and gave no indication of any delays and said I should contact my regional manager as he should be able to give me specifics back to Italy/Taiwan. They suggested a May 15 deliverable was actually a May 2015 date and not a 15th of May date.

They did not provide me any way to locate the regional manager but with google I found Jason Bishop's email address. Unfortunately mail to him is not deliverable :apologetic:. The other thing I found was ads for a sales position that may very well be to replace Jason.

Argh, might the dearth of info about our bikes be due to turn over at the US offices? Customer service out of Italy seems good; it is sad that service is lacking between Italy and my dealer.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wrote to ducati via their web site to ask for any information they might have. Ducati Italy called me today and gave no indication of any delays and said I should contact my regional manager as he should be able to give me specifics back to Italy/Taiwan. They suggested a May 15 deliverable was actually a May 2015 date and not a 15th of May date.

They did not provide me any way to locate the regional manager but with google I found Jason Bishop's email address. Unfortunately mail to him is not deliverable :apologetic:. The other thing I found was ads for a sales position that may very well be to replace Jason.

Argh, might the dearth of info about our bikes be due to turn over at the US offices? Customer service out of Italy seems good; it is sad that service is lacking between Italy and my dealer.
Should you call Italy again?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hope you get yours soon. My dealer had no idea of any status at all until it actually arrived on their shipping dock. It was a big surprise to me when I got a call saying my bike had just arrived. They didn't even expect it. That was in late-April.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Hope you get yours soon. My dealer had no idea of any status at all until it actually arrived on their shipping dock. It was a big surprise to me when I got a call saying my bike had just arrived. They didn't even expect it. That was in late-April.
My dealer knew when it was put on a truck destined for them, and then they knew when it arrived at their door. They didn't know when they hit the US, they didn't know when they were on a boat, they didn't know when they were going through customs. I don't think it's the dealer's fault either. If Ducati doesn't communicate to them, what are they supposed to do?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Communications this poor by a manufacturer is certainly somebody's fault. They need help. I hope they build their bikes better than they sell them!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm not so sure it's Ducati headquarters. I think the way they set up their distribution network has everything go thru Ducati USA. DUSA grants the franchise rights for the U.S. and all bikes are delivered to them before they decide which dealer get which. I'm sure they have reasons to favor one dealer over another at any given moment

The Classic Im waiting on probably just got delayed until Christmas! My dealer will be wondering why it still shows. On the water. :binkybaby:

·
Registered
26 Posts
hopefully xmas by june this year . .. mine bound for SF is on the water too i assume . . . deposit early Oct . . . seems like 10 years ago

·
Registered
33 Posts
My dealer said my Classic is at the warehouse in the U.S. getting ready to ship to him. Last week he said I may see it this week. Still haven't gotten my call.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I ordered my Icon in January. It arrived at my dealer May 28. They are installing the "extras". I signed the paperwork and will take possession of the bike next Tuesday. I am in Nebraska... I was the third yellow and fourth overall Icon on the preorder list. They also had one FT sitting in the service area.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Absolutely. Ducati's communication to US dealers has been poor at best.
YEs, I think it is Ducati USA and not the dealers. I talked with another dealer to see if they had any yellow icons available and got the same story I get from my dealer. I like both dealers and believe them to be honest and up front. They simply aren't getting any information.

What is disturbing is how easy it seems to be to get a nice smooch and then go away from Italy customer support yet Ducati USA is nowhere to be found :(

·
Registered
13 Posts
Out of curiosity, how long ago did you put your deposit(s) down?

Like it or nor we're dealing with an Italian motorcycle company. I'm not knocking Ducati at all - I love my yellow Icon so far - deposit put down in August, with bike arriving April 22. Being in the bicycle business a while back, it was the same Bianchi, Colnago, DeRosa, Cinelli, Pinarello (full disclosure: wife is 1st gen. Italian - parents came to the States in the 70's - even they joke about it). No sarcasm or disrespect intended or implied on any front - just saying that this is a "different" experience than dealing with BMW, Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, etc. (despite being part of VW/Audi now - things still take time). Great products with "less awesome" production scheduling and communication. No excuses, but it just "is".:confusion:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts