Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I am confused I have a Tom Tom GPS and just plug the GPS into the USB port. It is the same cable I would use to connect my GPS to my computer or a charger. I just bought a longer USB cable about 6 feet and was fine.
One reason is that the USB port on my garmin is not waterproof. Furthermore I read several posts here on the forum that the USB is not good as a permanent solution.
I think I will keep the connection directly to my battery, I've had this for almost 20 years on my Harleys without any problems.

·
Registered
9 Posts
FF2AEB52-6D52-411F-A6D5-460532B01700.jpeg
So here is the port that you get with the Icon Dark 2020. How do we get the USB port that connects to this? Is there a Ducati part number? Is it aftermarket? Thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
E990E358-3A80-4806-991F-E042E65BBB8A.png
View attachment 46357 View attachment 46357
So here is the port that you get with the Icon Dark 2020. How do we get the USB port that connects to this? Is there a Ducati part number? Is it aftermarket? Thanks!
The yello female plug your showing is for use with the male OBD Diagnostic tool Ducati will plug to diagnose any problems you may have with the bike.

See male picture:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey if you’re still looking, I have one for sale but the clip snapped! It still plugs in and holds tightly. It’s on eBay.

eBay link
Thanks. How fortuitous. Though are you sure that white plug plugs into my yellow connector in the photo above? My thing looks like it takes four pins. And it looks like there are two pins in your thing. Thanks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks. How fortuitous. Though are you sure that white plug plugs into my yellow connector in the photo above? My thing looks like it takes four pins. And it looks like there are two pins in your thing. Thanks.
The 4 pin is the diagnostic port, if you’re missing the 2 pin I think you might need the rest of the harness. Take a look at this and the wiring in that area of your bike and check if it’s compatible.

I think you need the extra wiring harness if you don’t have it... at this point it’s probably easier to wire in a 12v to usb charger straight to the battery with a switch!

Do a Google search for this part number to see what I’m talking about.
96610571a

21 - 30 of 30 Posts