Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the USB port from the icon? Assuming since there is a spot on the Sixty2 for it I should be able to buy the part and install?

·
Registered
57 Posts
For a Sixty2, you can get a $10 USB charger and plug it either directly to the battery (bad idea..) or hotwire it on the tail light, so it's on only when the engine is on.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
12 Posts
Okay, so I did go and buy the OEM USB port and connector wiring for my Sixty2. It's clear to see where the USB socket will mount under the seat, but I can't figure out where to plug in the connector wiring into the existing wiring of the bike. It has plugs ready to go, as though there are some plugs waiting somewhere in the bike to fit these to. The wiring diagrams for the Sixty2 (and for the Icon, as I thought it might give a hint) are both super hard to read.

Has anyone successfully installed the OEM USB port and connector into their Sixty2, and if so, where did you plug into the wiring of the bike?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Okay, so I did go and buy the OEM USB port and connector wiring for my Sixty2. It's clear to see where the USB socket will mount under the seat, but I can't figure out where to plug in the connector wiring into the existing wiring of the bike. It has plugs ready to go, as though there are some plugs waiting somewhere in the bike to fit these to. The wiring diagrams for the Sixty2 (and for the Icon, as I thought it might give a hint) are both super hard to read.

Has anyone successfully installed the OEM USB port and connector into their Sixty2, and if so, where did you plug into the wiring of the bike?
Well I worked it out from the wiring diagram, after all. There is a socket waiting for an alarm connection, under the sub frame under the tool compartment. I had to take the plastic lining off from under the rear guard, and found it there. Just needed to separate it (it was just connected to a terminal/blank not sure what to call it) and then just add in the OEM wiring connection. All is good. Except now to figure out how to run a charging cable from under the seat through to the handlebars...

·
Registered
1 Posts
For anyone attempting to add the USB to their Sixty2 the cleanest way is as per above. The Ducati part number for the kit is 96680561A which contains the USB socket which is part number 38640561B and a wiring harness/adaptor which is part number 96610571A. The harness connects into the factory alarm plug which is located under the tool compartment and accessed by removing the plastic fairing from above the rear wheel (thread locker on the bolts). The wiring harness allows you to retain an alarm (if fitted) and provides power to the USB socket using all the OEM wiring connectors.

Obviously splicing the USB into the taillight is another option, but at $120 AUD for the kit above it you avoid hacking up the factory wiring unnecessarily.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts