Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Scrambler 1100
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are off to Scotland tomorrow, I will be on the Multistrada ( taking Elton Johns luggage! Alias Michael)
Michael feels well enough to ride and will be on the MT 09.
I intend to take some video footage and pics with a ride report. Admin put this post in a 'Ride Report' section if possible.
We are hoping to leave at 5.45 our first night is with an old school friend of Michael's. He lives in Dunscore not far from Dumfries. I met Dr Craig at a couple of AGM's, neither Michael or I have met Mrs Craig. It's exciting meeting new people and visiting new places!
We stay in Dunscore for 1 night then onto Mull.
So, I will post pics as we journey.
Oh decided to go for a promotion at work. I have a phone interview on Thursday bad timing I will be swatting now on holiday !!

Reactions: Albie

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I think the weather is going to be in your favour, so I'm told. Enjoy your trip. Swatting, aye, swatting the Mighty Midge.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Enjoy your trip, are you going the coastal route from Inveraray to Oban then ferry to Mull or up Glencoe over the Corran ferry then the Fishnish ferry to the top of Mull? Either way is great just watch out for the tourists who stop without warning to take photos and give us a wave if you pass through Largs.

·
Registered
Scrambler 1100
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Going over the rest and be thankful, Inveraray and coffee at Crinan if we get time. Michael used to have a place at Crinan it is very beautiful

·
Registered
Scrambler 1100
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Set off later than we wanted ie 07.00 on Saturday in the rain, waterproofs over my Halvarson Electra jacket that soaks up water like a sponge! Will stick with the wonderful Rukka next time! ( only changed as the old Rukka was always a bit too big! Bought en route to Belgium in a hurry!)
So, M6 rather boring but necessary to get the miles in. Happy to report traffic was light.
Arrived small place outside Dunscore to stay with an old school chum of Michaels. We had a most enjoyable meal, good conversation and a tour of their 12 acres. They live on top of a hill couldn't see another house just this amazing view truly spectacular! Could have stayed there all week! On Saturday they took us to a near by village where the local artists had open day and displaying the art for sale from their homes very interesting.
This morning we left the Dumfries area and headed for Oban. We took the Dalveen pass great place for bikes love that pass, then motorway to Glasgow over the Erskin bridge and round Loch Lomond. Up the rest and be thankful and on to Inverary. At Inverary we took the Oban road off to the right, very nice twisty road passed mountains with a little snow on the top.
Got to Oban at 15.15 for the 16.00 ferry to the Isle of Mull but there was a problem and a delay for an hour. A chap with a dog spoke to us and I commented to Michael that the dog had peed on his MT09! Lovely calm crossing, takes about 45 minutes . Then single track road for about 45 mins sees us at our hotel. I noticed more wet on Michaels swing arm, on investigation the rear brake fluid resevoir is cracked and leaking, I tried to duct tape it but it's awkward can't do anything with it. So Michael has rang Yamaha assist they are going to try to contact a bike dealer tomorrow and try to get the part and repair!
We are booked on a small boat to Staffa at 10am so hotel chap is going to sort the bike if they come out tomorrow might well be the next day. Meanwhile I have a Pillion I hope he behaves!
Will post pics tomorrow
I ride Multistrada Pikes Peak, miss my Panigale 1199, use of Michael's GXSR750 and MT09

·
Registered
Scrambler 1100
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Poor internet connection here.
Yesterday went on a small boat trip to Staffa and briefly called to Iona all very nice.
Chap from local garage came looked at bike and went to see what he had. Today has rigged up a temporary fix but the weather is very windy and raining. Michael and I are staying indoors looking at the sea through the lounge window might attack some whisky shortly!
Anyhow some pics from the crossing from Oban followed by some in the trip to Staffa and some of the shore where the ferry comes in on Iona

Attachments

·
Registered
Scrambler 1100
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What an eventful week!!
The following day after reservoir repair was really stormy so a day indoors drinking wine and watching the sea whip up! So the following day we leave the hotel to go get the ferry to Oban. Five minutes after setting off I notice Michael has a puncture! No problem we have foam type canister repair kit. Valve to bottom of wheel in goes foam off we set with local in toe very kind man oh yes and a kind lady cam out of a touring van with coffee whilst doing the repair.
Short while foam coming out of tyre so no good. The rear on the MT09 was the original Dunlop with only 3200 miles and now showing cord!!!
Yamaha assist use Rac they being the only recovery company that charge for the recovery trucks on ferry. So no way to get tyre immediately on island. So recovery truck to ferry then ride onto ferry on flat then another recovery truck at Oban for 5 mins to bike shop. Arrived 10 mins before close , new tyre and onto Dunoon.

·
Registered
Scrambler 1100
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Motto don't go with Rac we would have paid £400 if recovered on ferry!!
Weather improving great ride yesterday to ferry and onto Isle of Bute. Lovely ride around the island then Michael spotted a small jewellers shop and he was very romantic and I have a lovely diamond and tanzanite white gold ring!! Fitting for a Duchess he says it's a little thank you for taking him as pillion and not dropping him!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts