Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed this on my 2019 Desert Sled and works great. The owner had reached out after I ordered and warned that it could be a PITA to install and and gave some good support.
Once I figured out how to get to the brake light plug it was not that difficult.
No pictures but I removed the tray under the seat and then pulled the ECU (?) off the rubber support plugs. The brake light plug is under a frame plate and can be seen looking from the rear. The plug slides off a bracket holder (towards the right side of the bike). After that it's just a matter of unplugging it and plugging in the Supabrake with the wires below the top rail of the frame. Put it all back together and ended up with a nice clean install.
I've always had some sort of brake light flasher on my past bikes and am a believer in them. This one is a bit pricier but the best, most advanced one I've owned.

SupaBrake-3 DUCATI

·
Registered
792 Posts
Interesting idea. Pretty sure it would not be legal here (UK) though.

I’ve never had too much of a concern about braking on the move, people never get too close but sat at junctions or traffic lights in the dark I do tend to pulse my brakes in the dark.

just because a bike tends to blend in with the car in front.

got a custom rear light on mine which has separate lights for rear lights and brake lights. Think that probably helps. Never need a fan of combined ones that just get brighter.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
A brake light that comes on with engine braking might be a good idea. I tend to use engine braking more than the brakes (especially the ineffective back brake).

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Ineffective?

btw, I think these brake light flashers are highly irritating (just like headlight modulators).

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I meant, how is your rear brake ineffective? Then there must be something wrong with it. Glazed pads, maladjusted...

Mine is perfectly fine after I adjusted the pedal up a tad up the day I got my bike...

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
You really think that will help? They won't adjust your lever nor scrub your pads (let alone clean the cups in the caliper).

Fingers crossed dude, but I'm afraid they will just bleed it, and check if it works, done.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ineffective?

btw, I think these brake light flashers are highly irritating (just like headlight modulators).
Irritating is the point. At least with these they don't flash if you're in stop and go traffic, they need 12-15 seconds off to reset the flash feature.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Try riding behind a buddy that has them. :bi_polo:

(but anyway, I guess we'll never ride together, so do what you want lol)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
"Try riding behind a buddy that has them."

Try getting rear ended by a cage.

"(but anyway, I guess we'll never ride together, so do what you want lol)"

Ha! Fair enough, if we do; you lead, I'll follow.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have this installed in my other bike. Works great - Good to know there's one for this bike!

I just went on a ride this weekend and someone said they couldn't tell when I was braking or not... definitely helps with visibility.

·
Registered
214 Posts
It's definitely not dim. I think it's so bright they can't tell when it's on vs when the brake it applied.

·
Registered
214 Posts
It's definitely not dim. I think it's so bright they can't tell when it's on vs when the brake is applied.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
A brake light that comes on with engine braking might be a good idea. I tend to use engine braking more than the brakes (especially the ineffective back brake).
Check out 'Smart Turn System' they do this as well as as self cancel indicators. A YouTube channel called Motorcycle Adventures is sponsored by them and there is a 20% discount from this channel link.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts