Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ducati was given the award for the most beautiful bike, the Scrambler, at this year's EICMA, the Milan Motorcycle Show, held each year in Italy.

As you can see from these photos, it is not difficult to understand why this is so. Ten thousand fans participated in the competition, arranged every year by "Motociclismo," an Italian magazine. Visitors were asked to complete a form either at the show, in person, or they could also submit the form online, via the magazine website. 43 percent of participants voted for the Scrambler; the 2nd closest only had 15 percent of the vote.

At EICMA, the Scrambler stand was supplemented with a backdrop of green lawn and music. From this, and the Scrambler's general marketing, it seems as if Ducati is bringing the motorcycle experience to all types of bikers; as evidenced by the Scrambler's customizable features.

While the Ducati Scrambler weighs just 170 kg with a 790mm seat height, it packs a nice 803cc air-cooled twin cylinder engine with 75 hp.

Before Ducati released the Scrambler, there was speculation that there was a surprise. Some rumors pointed to a second version of the Scrambler. It turns out that what Ducati was hiding was FOUR models of the Scrambler: the Icon, Urban Enduro, Full Throttle, and Classic. Each has their own personality and features: the Icon comes in both yellow and red; for those who favor dirt biking, the Urban Enduro will be the bike of choice, with its "Wild Green" color; Full Throttle might better suit "flat track" racers; and the Classic is more of a throwback to the 1970s with all the comfort and enjoyment of a modern bike.

The Scrambler can be customized and personalized with a myriad of accessories, which will allow Scrambler owners to show off their creativity and uniqueness. The Ducati Scrambler apparel line was also available for visitors of EICMA to view, which only furthered the Scrambler experience, promoting its ideals of creativity.

If you can wait until the end of January 2015, you will be able to purchase the Scrambler at Ducati dealerships.

Source: Ducati Scrambler wins visitors award for most beautiful bike of show at EICMA 2014 Motoroids.com

Let us know what you think about this. How will you customize your Scrambler? Which model interests you the most?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I keep seeing this reference of a January delivery. But U.S. dealers are saying April (for the Icon). I guess we shall see whether it's sooner or later. I wonder which bike got second in "good looks"? I was at Morton's BMW last Saturday and there was an RNineT demo, and I took it for a test ride. Very nice riding machine, and looks bad ass! The only thing that kept me from buying an RNineT is the Ducati Scrambler. Waiting to hear those first ride reports and seeing it in person at the DC motorcycle to make my absolute final decision. But the looks and the specs of the Scrambler have me hanging on.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wonder which bike got second in "good looks"?
I'm glad you asked, because I was wondering the same thing. Here are the results of the contest:

STANDINGS
1. Ducati Scrambler (43%)

2. MV Agusta Brutale RR Dragster 800 (15%)
3. Yamaha YZF-R1 (14%)
4. Aprilia Tuono V4 Factory in 1100 (8%)
5. BMW S 1000 XR (6%)
6. Moto Guzzi Eldorado (3%)
7. Honda Crossrunner (2%)
8. Husqvarna 701 Supermoto (2%)
9. Triumph Street Triple RX (1%)
10. Suzuki GSX-S1000F (1%)

Source: http://www.ducati.net/2014/11/ducati-scrambler-voted-most-beautiful-bike-of-eicma-2014/

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya it doesn't even seem like a real competition. It was more of a "here's the Ducati Scrambler! ..... (also, there are other bikes.... if you're into that kind of thing...)"
Very interesting results, thanks for posting! I would say with those percentage points there was no second place.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Lol, I'm hoping with ALL the promotion and time that Ducati is giving the Scrambler, it better be a fun bike to ride. With all components operating well. Ducati states "the Ducati Scrambler is the perfect blend of tradition and modernity and marks a return to the pure essence of motorcycling: two wheels, a wide handlebar, a simple engine and a huge amount of fun." This is exactly what I'm currently looking for as a second bike. I'm ready, and by the looks of this forum, so are a lot of others. May we all ride away pleased!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Motorcycle.com pointed out the following:

There may be an inherent bias in this poll by an Italian magazine of primarily Italian guests for a motorcycle show in Italy, as this marks the tenth year in a row that an Italian motorcycle won the “Most Beautiful Bike of Show” honor.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Motorcycle.com pointed out the following:

There may be an inherent bias in this poll by an Italian magazine of primarily Italian guests for a motorcycle show in Italy, as this marks the tenth year in a row that an Italian motorcycle won the “Most Beautiful Bike of Show” honor.
Nah.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Most beautiful bike, maybe ?
I still can't get my head around the single clock set to one side.
One of a few things I'll need to address when I get my Enduro.
Either add something to even it up or re-locate to the centre ?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Gives you a clean wheel view. I love the one on my TT500 of 1977

I too really like the XT & TTs etc. That's the kind of bikes I cut my teeth on.
I would still fit the rev. counter from the XT onto the TT though. Symmetry will always take precedence over a view of the front mudguard. Each to their own and hopefully all the Scramblers will end up different.
Which in the end will make the conversation in the car park a bit more interesting rather than the usual " How much does that cost and what do you do for a living etc."

·
Registered
834 Posts
To be fair they were an add on on the tt and bolted to the right fork mount. It flops around the dial lol and is guide of speed. My mate is building a dakar rep and they are mounted centre again just a speedo. No need for a rev counter on these bikes. I have the XT as well too. My mate has around 20 odd yamaha trailers restored or restoring to original.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
To be fair they were an add on on the tt and bolted to the right fork mount. It flops around the dial lol and is guide of speed. My mate is building a dakar rep and they are mounted centre again just a speedo. No need for a rev counter on these bikes. I have the XT as well too. My mate has around 20 odd yamaha trailers restored or restoring to original.
You're right, no real need for a rev counter, the engine tells you all you need to know.
I'm thinking about that digital dashes for the Enduro, Vapor I think they're called ? I fitted one to an XR 650 worked a treat and has all the info needed.
I liked your line "Guide of speed"

An XT engined flat tracker would be great I reckon, that's the image I have for the Scrambler.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts