Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

Get it now?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really want a Ducati Scrambler! but I have seen a lot of problems regarding suspensions, throttle response, seat, scratching, etc... I work at a bank so I can get a great loan whenever needed, but I was just wondering if y'all heard anything on an upcoming 2016 model with any improvements or if I should just going ahead and get it now?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'd buy as soon as you can tbh. If you're of the opinion of "wait until a better/updated version is out" then you'd never end up buying anything.

What sort of waiting period is it for you for the Scrambler to be delivered from ordering?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a really good point!

A dealership, about 100+ miles away, has one that I can put a down payment on Tuesday and pick up Saturday. (Apparently all the dealerships are closed on Mondays which is my only early day besides the weekend)

·
Registered
178 Posts
There may be a few tweaks and updates for 2016, but I don't think there'll be anything significant like suspension changes. I'd also guess that they'll spring a small price increase as well for 2016 given the runaway success with the model.

I'd either buy now, or wait until the 2016 is announced and then snap up a 2015 if you can find one, if the bike's basically remaining the same for 2016.

·
Registered
131 Posts
All the things you named are called character traits, that on this bike make it an absolute hooligan!

Boom. You're it!

·
Registered
74 Posts
2016 is just a number. When I placed my order the dealer said any bike produced after the middle-end of July is automatically a 2016 because of some law regarding manufacture dates. There's zero difference coming for 2016 from a build perspective.

If I'd wanted a yellow Icon it would have been a 2016 model (delivery in October) but I wanted red regardless (bonus: delivery in August). He said it's probably near the last batch that will have the 2015 designation, but it means nothing.

·
Registered
285 Posts
If you want it, I'd get it this year. Next year will be the same thing, but more expensive. Just my experience but I doubt they'll change much - maybe some aesthetics (new models perhaps?), but why fix what isn't broken?

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
I understand that there will be a new model but it'll be a 400cc version.

As far as the current models are concerned, and in my opinion only, there's not too much wrong with the model as it is, and these mods that people are making are purely personal (with maybe some falling for peer pressure).

I understand that people want to make their bikes individual. I understand that there may be better quality suspension units. But does it "need" these alleged improvements? Not in my opinion. The bike in its standard form is more than capable.

I've just done 1200 miles over the weekend and the seat was all day comfortable. The suspension was great and coped with great tarmac, gravelly stuff, pot holes, ruts and raised man holes and I managed to embarrass more than just a few Ducati 899's and 1199's with its performance and handling.

And to top it all off it turned heads and attracted lots of people too.

Buy one now. You won't regret it :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Get it now - awesome bike, and if you are not happy with some bits like suspension or seat then its a good chance to customise it to your liking.
nothing will suit every rider 100% from factory.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Life's short, buy the bike

I doubt Ducati will see a need to update the Scrambler next year with sales figures up 22% and the opposition not getting anything out until the back end of 2015 at the earliest.

Jerry

·
Registered
149 Posts
They usually do not change a new bike like the scrambler with the exception of an added color or the like

1 - 13 of 13 Posts