Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I’m looking for Front Fork Stainless Steel Tubes.
For the Ducati Scrambler 2015 - 2017.
I live in Melbourne, Australia.
Or if you know of somebody who can repair them?
I was told that these black marks were holes in the tubes.
Much appreciated.

·
Registered
982 Posts
BTW the fork sliders are not stainless steel they are chromed steel. The pitting you can see in the image is just standard pitting caused by stones and debris hitting the forks, almost all forks have some pits if the bike is ridden in the real world. The pitting will not affect fork operation in a day to day sense all that might happen is premature fork seal wear.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BTW the fork sliders are not stainless steel they are chromed steel. The pitting you can see in the image is just standard pitting caused by stones and debris hitting the forks, almost all forks have some pits if the bike is ridden in the real world. The pitting will not affect fork operation in a day to day sense all that might happen is premature fork seal wear.
Hi, yes, you are right they are not Stainless steel, I was looking for the word CHROMED steel. I was told that they are trashed and do not hold oil and would kill the seals. Was told to repair them, nearly for the cost of new ones. So, im looking to repair or purchase new. I was wondering if anybody had come across forks not on eBay. Cheers for your answers.

·
Registered
982 Posts
You are unlikely to find forks on eBay. Your best bet would be motorcycle wreckers but as probably the majority of bikes that get written off have some sort of front end damage often the forks are bent.
Have you talked to Andrew at Mornington Ducati? He is a great source and very helpful.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You are unlikely to find forks on eBay. Your best bet would be motorcycle wreckers but as probably the majority of bikes that get written off have some sort of front end damage often the forks are bent.
Have you talked to Andrew at Mornington Ducati? He is a great source and very helpful.
No, I haven't spoken to Andrew about forks. I have been down there for other stuff though. I have found forks on eBay in Italy. But was hoping somebody had any other options.
Plus Ducati Retail Spare parts are x10 normal industry standards.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Who told you the forks were u/s? Are they not operating properly or leaking?
I have seen forks way worse than that in everyday use with no real issues.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Who told you the forks were u/s? Are they not operating properly or leaking?
I have seen forks way worse than that in everyday use with no real issues.
Mechanic I have working on the bike, told me they are trashed and need re-chroming.
I'm not 100% but I think the oil has leaked out.
Mechanic said not point installing new seals and oil if there are holes in the fork tubes.
Just going on what I've been told.
Cheers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts