Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

Water Proof Cover for outdoor storage - recommendations?

9K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Deano968 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi Fellow Aussies (not to exclude anyone of course ;) ).

Anyone store their bike outside? If so got any recommendations on a good cover. The weather in Sydney has taken a dive and the Scrambler is looking a bit sad out there!

Deanox

#6 · (Edited)
Thanks guys. I've ordered a Oxford Stormex and will report back soon.

The story behind this is a little annoying... The salesperson when I bought the bike told me the Scrambler cover was waterproof so I was a little bit cross to find out it wasn't. Especially at the price it was! Of course I should have taken it back to the store but laziness and a spare tin of Aquaproof put paid to that. FTR Aquaproof is an excellent product but on the Scrambler cover it can only really fend off a light shower.

#9 ·
To round this off...

I just received the Oxford Stormex cover in Medium. It's a very well made and tough looking cover and I'm currently very happy with it. Typically the rain here as stopped!

It was about $150 delivered, but on a new bike I think that's a small outlay - mine will live outside year round.

That leaves me with a genuine Duke indoor cover that I may sell soon, cheap 'cause I've messed with it a little.

#13 ·
Ever since my wife stopped letting me park my bike in our bedroom I have had to park it outside. :adoration: I have the Oxford Stormex cover and it has been fantastic. I too would love a garage for my bike but that has been turned into bedrooms for my 'other' children.

#14 ·
UPDATE:

I've had a bad run with the Oxford Stormex. Changed it twice due to it falling apart. It was a great fitting cover (Medium) and seemed good quality. Indeed in the rain it was fantastic. However, the Sydney sun it does not like. I took the first one back to BikeBiz (a great bunch of very helpful folk by the way) after about 4 months by which time it had become grey and most of the seams were letting go. They swapped it for a newer version which was obviously updated and different in design than the first one I had. However after only three months it was in a very poor state - It too went grey though not quite as bad as the initial one. I didn't really care about the fading to be honest but the taped seams were again falling away, I'm guessing eventually that would effect the waterproof capabilities. Not good for a premium cover.

I've traded down to the Oxford Rainex - mainly as I've seen one on the streets around me which I've been monitoring on my morning dog walks. This is Oxfords last chance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.