Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so this is the 2nd time i've noticed that after heavy rain downpour, theres a good amount of water thats sitting inside the inner lip of the tank cover when i go to check it.

its just like a buildup of water thats sitting on the left side (due to the lean of the bike) of the fuel hole. whats up with that? is that normal? im not sure if any water is actually getting into the tank but it seems bizarre to me.

·
Registered
140 Posts
This happened to mine too. Eventually the screws around there will rust. It's a blocked drain hole and or drain hose. A blast of high pressure air might clear it but be careful to not get any muck into the tank. My dealer just replaced the whole thing.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This happened to mine too. Eventually the screws around there will rust. It's a blocked drain hole and or drain hose. A blast of high pressure air might clear it but be careful to not get any muck into the tank. My dealer just replaced the whole thing.
I’m assuming the drain hole is this guy here?

Ok ill try my air compressor on it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I’m assuming the drain hole is this guy here?

Ok ill try my air compressor on it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Careful I blew mine off with compressed air. The main dealer replaced them as they were crushed by the last person to take the tank off.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Get this sorted fairly quickly - you don't want the petrol pump to get water logged it (from what I've heard) can f' it up and become expensive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts