Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. So just for fun, I'm going to start weighing the items I replace or remove from my CR. Thought I'd post it here for entertainment purposes. As I do more, I'll keep adding to the post. Cheers!

1. Termi Baffles. - 1014g (-2.23lbs)
20190923_160635.jpg

2. Minus stock battery. Add Shorai. Net -3482g (-7.67lbs)
20190923_161338.jpg
20190910_172042.jpg
20190923_160523.jpg

Tool Kit. - 422g (-0.93lbs)
20190923_180149.jpg

That's all I have for now. Next will be removing the number panels (which don't weight much) and maybe remove the rear hugger, although I get a ton of debris kicked up onto my back as it is already. If budget allows, I also want to swap my spoked wheels to cast wheels eventually as well to save weight. Cheers.

Total removed so far: 4918g (10.84lbs)

·
Registered
342 Posts
Wow, thats a huge saving on just the battery! does that tiny thing really do the job. The bike cranks slowly as std. and that little thing i see has only half the cold cranking capacity. Does it cope OK?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So far it cranks fine. Well, fine for a Scrambler anyway. It is slightly weaker to crank but starts every time. If I leave it for a few days, it cranks slower than usual but I haven't tried more than 3 days without starting it. Yeah it cranks slow with the stock battery so I was also concerned, but so far so good. I've had this Shorai for 5 years and this is the 3rd bike I've put it in so I'm hoping it lasts but if it doesn't, it owes me nothing.

I just finished my first service with the Shorai in and they tested the battery and everything came out fine. No concerns from their techs.

Wow, thats a huge saving on just the battery! does that tiny thing really do the job. The bike cranks slowly as std. and that little thing i see has only half the cold cranking capacity. Does it cope OK?

·
Registered
209 Posts
This is great, but what did you get from Sushi Garden?

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Total removed so far: 4918g (10.84lbs)
Don't tell me you feel the difference while riding....

I personally don't even feel the difference between a full and an empty tank (except when I'm moving my bike in the garage...).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
During normal riding, nope! I do feel the difference when I tip the bike up from the stand but that's about it. However I do feel the difference between a full and empty tank during slow speed maneuvers.

Don't tell me you feel the difference while riding....

I personally don't even feel the difference between a full and an empty tank (except when I'm moving my bike in the garage...).

·
Registered
31 Posts
It’s true, these bikes seem to be made for a 75-80kg rider...
Ahhh......at 70kg myself I've always wondered why so many on here complain about the stock suspension. I've no issue with the stock seat either, riden happily for hours......but then as a cyclist, this is like an armchair compared to my road bike, I suppose it all depends on what your base is re comfort ;o)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I agree. Before I got my CR I did mad research and prepared for all these suspension mods. Then when I got the bike, I was surprised and thought it was actually quite good. I weigh around 65kg.

Ahhh......at 70kg myself I've always wondered why so many on here complain about the stock suspension. I've no issue with the stock seat either, riden happily for hours......but then as a cyclist, this is like an armchair compared to my road bike, I suppose it all depends on what your base is re comfort ;o)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The twin shotgun termis on an 800?
Yes. I couldn't find a good picture but from here you can kind of see the baffles removed at the ends. Nothing inside the black covers. You'll need to find or make up a small strip of metal with a hole on each end to help secure the black covers after. Once you do it you'll know what I mean. Again, easy job.
20191009_082548.jpg

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Looking at the pic: the cat is still there and it’s not overly loud.

I did something similar by pulling the cores out of the baffles.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mase,is the Cat still there? Is it really loud now or does the cat still quieten it?
Yes, cats are still in and the exhaust is louder but it's not too loud at all. There is no downside and if you don't like the baffles removed, it takes 5 minutes to reinstall them.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts