Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called in to fill up with gas/petrol unlocked the cap but couldn't lift the cap, :confused:

Eventually I managed to release it, suction was holding it down, once I broke the seal I could hear the air gush in, Never had this happen before ,

The bike was running quite normal before and after, :rolleyes:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Have a look if your fuel tank breather is blocked. There should be a small hole somewhere at the fuel cap.

If this little hole is blocked, you get an under pressure in the fuel tank, because the fuel pump keeps sucking fuel out, but no air comes back in. This could go so far that the engine goes off while driving.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Mine also did this last week, I recalled the thread a while ago with the picture of the tank which had creased because of the vacuum inside; the breather pipe was blocked.

My bike had been sat for 2 weeks in the garage and it was the first ride out when I stopped to fill up, not sure if this had anything to do with it though.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
It's tight as can be under that tank, it seems like it'd be easy for hoses to bind and pinch. I wonder if we ought to blast it all with a good dose of silicone spray to make things slip and slide into place a bit easier? Good luck, and let us know what you find Elvisto.

Sarah

·
Registered
150 Posts
Same, same but different.... I have trouble getting my key out of the fuel cap. Sometimes it gets stuck and I have to get my husband to almost force it out. (The key that is).☺

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you say so Trace, :D

Seriously though, I've had the same, I squirted some ACF 50 on the key and into the lock, haven't had a problem since, I did the same to the seat lock too,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts