Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although I only live a couple of miles away from my office I decided to go to work yesterday on my Classic and took the long way round, doing over 30 miles :)

Had a great run, and it really blew the cobwebs off.

However coming home it had just started to rain just before I was getting ready to leave. The rain was coming in heavy. And sideways!! It was that hard that I couldn't see properly and the as I was wearing my open face helmet it was stinging my face!!

I took the short route home!! That wasn't fun. And though I don't mind riding in rain next time it looks like it may rain I think I will wear my full face helmet :p

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Yes it's not warmed up enough yet for me not to wear my full face helmet, I was hit by a large bug or something yesterday just below my visor, could have done some damage had I been wearing my Jet Helmet, :rolleyes:

·
Registered
541 Posts
can't ride without, at least eye's protection.... I fit my Bell with this "visor" is very cool and fine quality

by Davida

It fits even with classic peaks still on to repair from direct sun.

·
Registered
149 Posts
m1.jpg
I just got the new Schubert M1, Best 3/4 I ever had. Replaced my Schoei J-Cruise. Can be worn with or without shield and the optional Blue tooth Scala system is awesome albeit quite pricey.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I am riding my Icon every day to my office, and eventhough it is only 3 miles away from home I am strangely registering in my odometer 12/15 miles per trip?!?!

·
Registered
66 Posts
When I ride to office it's about 8km. Coming home from office it's more like 200km. I wondered how that could be until I vaguely remembered something from science class. There was some talk about earth rotating and moving around space. So it must be that the earth did just that during the day making my trip back where I started a bit longer. That is the only explanation I could come up with.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Although I only live a couple of miles away from my office I decided to go to work yesterday on my Classic and took the long way round, doing over 30 miles :)

Had a great run, and it really blew the cobwebs off.

However coming home it had just started to rain just before I was getting ready to leave. The rain was coming in heavy. And sideways!! It was that hard that I couldn't see properly and the as I was wearing my open face helmet it was stinging my face!!

I took the short route home!! That wasn't fun. And though I don't mind riding in rain next time it looks like it may rain I think I will wear my full face helmet :p
Where are you located?

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am riding my Icon every day to my office, and eventhough it is only 3 miles away from home I am strangely registering in my odometer 12/15 miles per trip?!?!
Sounds like the odometer is broken. I'd take it back to the dealer to be replaced under warranty :p

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I like Holmfirth, They have some super people who sell BMW parts :D

Baimo, I'd be very interested to know what you think of the new helmet, please, I liked the old model, but it's been out of production for the past 3 / 4 years, thanks,

·
Registered
204 Posts
View attachment 1234 I just got the new Schubert M1, Best 3/4 I ever had. Replaced my Schoei J-Cruise. Can be worn with or without shield and the optional Blue tooth Scala system is awesome albeit quite pricey.
I just got myself the new J-Cruise and I like it but is the Schubert so much better!? :confused::eek::oops:

·
Registered
149 Posts
I just got myself the new J-Cruise and I like it but is the Schubert so much better!? :confused::eek::oops:
Not enough to gout and buy another helmet. I also had the scala g9 on the j-cruise. I love listening to music and having the built in speakers and dual microphones was a biggie for me. Only drawback on the schoei was the need for a boom mike. Both really GOOD HELMETS

1 - 16 of 16 Posts