Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rode to work this morning on wet roads about 15 miles the time I got there my back and arse were wet as a otters pocket, which is going to be batter in stopping that a rear hugger or moving the number plate up to a tail tidy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
199 Posts
Tail tidy's don't help either.
You're on a naked bike, just accept that you're going to get wet when it rains or the roads are wet.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have an Evotech tail tidy and cut down an old 4inch inner tube, made it look a bit presentable by shaping it and cutting holes into where the tail tidy fixings were. Makes it a whole lot better than the original swing arm mounted guard but doesn't stand out too much to spoil the look. Got some pics somewhere, I could dig them out.

·
Registered
292 Posts
No, it's definitely not.

I still have the weasel scraper on, and my back gets wet riding through the tiniest little puddles or whatnot. That's one of the reasons why I want to do a tail tidy, actually. I wouldn't mind the extra weight and aesthetics of it as much if it actually did a good job, but it doesn't.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
No, it's definitely not.

I still have the weasel scraper on, and my back gets wet riding through the tiniest little puddles or whatnot. That's one of the reasons why I want to do a tail tidy, actually. I wouldn't mind the extra weight and aesthetics of it as much if it actually did a good job, but it doesn't.
I switched to a tail tidy and I'm not sure I fair any better in the wet to be honest. Looks better though and I do try and avoid that rain stuff :)

·
Registered
892 Posts
Interesting. We did a couple of km of roadworks on Saturday just after the water tanker had been through to reduce dust.
The rear taillight of the Scrambler got dirty

But the seat and Janices back never got any spray or mud on either.

Riding home yesterday on wet roads again Janice got no spray or anything off the road on her back.

BTW. Huggers are no good for stopping spray on the rider. Think about how the tyre rotates and where the water off the tyre is angled. Huggers usually stop the rear suspension getting dirty on bikes with a vertical shock in front of the rear wheel but that is about it.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Interesting. We did a couple of km of roadworks on Saturday just after the water tanker had been through to reduce dust.
The rear taillight of the Scrambler got dirty

But the seat and Janices back never got any spray or mud on either.

Riding home yesterday on wet roads again Janice got no spray or anything off the road on her back.

BTW. Huggers are no good for stopping spray on the rider. Think about how the tyre rotates and where the water off the tyre is angled. Huggers usually stop the rear suspension getting dirty on bikes with a vertical shock in front of the rear wheel but that is about it.[/QUOTE
OMG we'll all be putting our mudscrapers back on now. :BangHead:

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Not sure if the Icon stumpy mud guard has any effect but if I ride in the rain I get a wet back - did with the mudscraper too. I'm not massively bothered as I'm mostly a softy-fair-weather-rider nowadays.

·
Registered
734 Posts
after getting wet some many time I decided to install the original mud guard/rear tire splash cover and with aftermarket license plate holder, now my bike don't get has wet as before, unless it rains hard(sometimes the usual here).

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Your license plate doesn't get hit by the moving swingarm?
Not yet but I have them fixed with lead strips which have good flex but can sag, so I will get a lighter type plate eventually. The angle allows for good wheel travel but I don't off road so it won't move that much when I ride.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts