Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've decided to change my red Icon a little but not too much as to detract from the original looks.
I love the flat track look but I don't want to go crazy with buying new wheels, seat etc etc so just subtle mods.
The shiny aluminium parts look too bright in my opinion so I've decided to have them powder coated.
I'm having the belly pan, exhaust heat shield, fuel cap (anyone know how to disassemble it?), upper handlebar clamps and the lower clamp which is the instrument bracket of course all done in a mat charcoal.
This leaves just the fuel tank side panels, however, having looked at images online, I don't think darker panels look great with the red tank nor do having the panels solid red.
I'm thinking about a grey, white and red combination in some sort of design on the panels but I don't know what? Has anyone got any ideas for me?

Many thanks,
Duncan.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I got black panels for my red Scrambler, it looks great but not exactly a bold move colour-wise. Matte white can look good but will quickly fade and grime. Grey, well.. not in my opinion. Red is a hard colour to combine with others. Perhaps a warm yellow-orange such as on an Ohlins spring but it might be a bit much on an entire panel.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I been thinking of doing something with mine too but been hard getting a colour to match the bike, not keen on the black side panel and red icon look. Maybe just add some stripes or something and change the badge

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers guys.
I've already had the headlight surround trim powder coated satin black.

I'm thinking of not doing a contrast colour but rather blend the panel into the tank. Stripes and a painted design would be good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts