Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post what you did to/for your Scrambler. It's all interesting to hear!

Pictures too. We all love pictures, right?

;)

·
Registered
834 Posts
I got home. Peeled them wheel rim decals off :( and went for a short blatt down to my friend who runs Ducati ProTeam an independent in Strood . He was very impressed indeed.
I then blatted home to see if I could fit the crash sliders from the monster on it. I undone the bolt ( be aware they changed one end to an allen head and the others a 15mm socket. Then I checked the length of the bolt against the R&G and its about 30mm too long. If I can get a m10 x 1.00 die its fixable and cut the excess off but my die is m10 x 1.25 and more coarse. Or I get a piece of correct threaded stainless. In the meantime said engine drops down out of alignment slightly so the trolley jack and a piece of protective wood just to lift her up slightly.
That jobs failed so next job is Rizoma bar ends. They are actually on and ok albeit making bars slightly wider now.
I attempted to do the indicators but gave up as time running low and headlight needs to come off. I will have another look tomorrow but presuming the front ring is undone at the bottom and then the headlight slips out.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Put antihero' sticker on and reflective Tricolore onto of the red reflector
See if I get stopped by Mr policeman!

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I had my SW Motech footrest kit yesterday, then had visitors so I'll have to finish fitting later today, :rolleyes:

Look to be very well made , certainly look stronger than the original ones, I'll see how I get on with the rubber insert ,

·
Registered
171 Posts
Well, I rode home from the dealers and that was about it. Took it to show a couple of mates on the way home. One of whom was almost as excited as me!
I need to get used to the seat as I'm sitting on a different part of my bum compared to the DR, and being 6' 2" I seem to be sitting on the ridge.
It was a nice winters day (20c/68f) but had to get home to do my dad duties. Also have a head cold which doesn't help.
Despite my opinion that my sales person was not particularly good, I was treated very well when I went to pick the bike up. I was offered discounts on parts accessories and clothing but really didn't need anything (will wait to see if I need a Termi or lower bars). Got given a trickle charger with the battery lead already fitted to the bike; a backpack and a gift box with multi tool, tyre pressure gauge and led torch. No key ring, though.
The dealers have the Termi fitted to their demo bike, so I may have to go back and give it a test! Also interesting that they have wrapped the demo bike's tank panels in black vinyl. I wonder if the silver was rubbing off?
I only have one picture of the bike so far, will take some more soon.
image.jpg
image.jpg

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Met a friend of mine on her custom Buell, at a motorbike accessory superstore in Northwich :) (this was yesterday actually, forgot to post)
P1000339.jpg

·
Registered
285 Posts
Today was spent painting the side panels to the bike. Lol the other half took over because, apparently, I was doing it wrong :biggrin-new: so it went from being a quick spray job to being a veeeeeeeery involved process. Still, they look really good; I went with matte black, and will be Plastidipping the tank and fenders white hopefully sometime this week. I'd do pics but it's too dark and they aren't quite finished yet, so fingers crossed tomorrow! :blob8:

·
Registered
150 Posts
image.png
Met the usual crew and head off to Tyalgum in Northern NSW. 80% chance of rain and for once they were right! We got smashed. Found a small cafe at Murwillumbah where the bikes all fit under cover at the shop next door. Was still a good day despite the wet and slippery conditions. At least it wasn't cold.
image.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Took the forks off to fit cartridges and the exhaust pipes of for jet hot coatings(ceramic) black. The bike is looking a bit naked at the moment!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Changed the pre-load setting on the rear shock last night (Setting 5) with the intention of trying it out today on the commute. Weather had a different idea though. 50mph winds and torrential rain scuppered that idea lol.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Changed the pre-load setting on the rear shock last night (Setting 5) with the intention of trying it out today on the commute. Weather had a different idea though. 50mph winds and torrential rain scuppered that idea lol.
I'm yet to try out my suspension due to the weather!

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Hasn't it been dreadful, the high winds can soon blow you off the bike, This is when you need to wear the correct gear just in case, :(

1 - 20 of 126 Posts