Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm riding in Arai XD4 that works very well on local roads, but on expressways at speed over 65 mph peak of helmet give me too much of air resistance. That make me think of specific for naked bike helmet. So far I narrowed down to two helmets: Arai Corsair-X and Arai Defiant Pro-Cruse. Not sure if Corsair-X will work as it's sportbike helmet. Any experience with sportbike helmets on naked bike?
What you riding in?

·
Registered
733 Posts
I just added a Shoei GT Air for my scrambler as the Tour X was giving me a headache at higher speeds on a long ride

Tried it today better but 3 figure speeds still have head buffeting

Waiting the Ali screen for my 1100 hope that will help

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried Shoei GT Air before, it doesn't fit me well. I guess wrong shape of helmet for me.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Nice and cool wth all the ventilation. And featherweight light weight (under 2lbs).

IMG_3390.JPG

(with a pair of MX goggles of course)

·
Registered
211 Posts
I think it depends on
- the type of Scrambler you have. i.e. cafe would look better with a very different helmet than say a Sled.
- type of riding. Highway is different from rural
- what you think is safe
- what you think is cool

I vary, so have four helmets in rotation:
Shoei Neotec: quiet and modular for freeway riding. Mostly use with MultiStrada
Simpson Bandit (Cabon): lightwieght and looks great. Mostly use with Diavel
Bell Bullit with mirror bubble screen: light and looks great. Mostly use with Scrambler and Paul Smart
Bell Open Face/Goggles: less safe, but looks cool with Scrambler.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have an Arai Axces 2 which isn't much to look at but fits well and allows me to wear spectacles.

The only real criticisms I have are that the side pods make it quite noisy (but I wear earplugs, so it isn't much of a problem) and it mists up very easily, even with a pinlock fitted.

Mostly I ride fast(ish) country roads and a little bit of motorway. Don't notice any undue buffeting or lifting, even at quite high speed.

bm

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a Biltwell ****** S that was a hold over from when I rode a Triumph. I honestly hate it. It looks sort of cool, and thats it. I'll be buying something better soon.

·
Registered
73 Posts
AGV K-5, very happy with it. I also found aerodynamics were an important consideration when riding a standard bike at highway speeds, and good aero also reduces noise. Only so much you can do though. This helmet is superb in almost every respect... the only downside is that a fairly large shell size makes you look a bit like a bobblehead.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I've tried on Biltwell ****** S. It's no go, too loose in the chin and jaws area, fits well only on my brain-skull area. It does look good but I wouldn't dare buy it. It's on approved by DOT, meh!

I tried on Nexx XG100 helmet, fits very well but the shape was a little off for me. I would recommend this helmet because it fits as well as a Arai and Shoei. It's ECE 22-05 and I like that. I'm not a fan of DOT at all. I prefer ECE 22-05 or/and Snell.

One last helmet for me or anyone here to try on is AGV X3000. I hope it'll fit me well. I have an AGV AX-8 Evo and love it to death.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts